Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed air sense10
resmed air sense10
First post here. The humidifier stopped working progressively. I noticed a few weeks ago that it was not working as usual because it consumed less water.

Any idea?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed air sense10
Is it under warranty? If yes, you may need to exchange it.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Richard, welcome to Apnea Board.

In my experience the amount of water consumed varies enormously from night to night. Sometimes it uses a lot, other times hardly any. It depends on the ambient humidity, temperature and other factors. Large mask leaks tend to use a lot of water.

Do you feel any different - dry mouth and so on? If not, I suspect the humidifier is working within the variation I mentioned above.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2017, 09:00 PM)richard in Colombia Wrote: First post here. The humidifier stopped working progressively. I noticed a few weeks ago that it was not working as usual because it consumed less water.

Any idea?
Using less water means, its working. The smiley face icon indicate that the humidifier is working properly
Also an icon on top of the screen shows when the humidifer is heating or cooling
Things like mask or/and mouth leak, higher settings can use more water. As you're using ResScan as indicated in profile, download the SD card data and check the leak graph

Post Reply Post Reply
Put your machine in warm up mode for 10 minutes
Remove the humidifier
The bottom metallic plate inside the device should feel warm, as well as the bottom of the humidifier chamber
If not, it's not working
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi richard,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed auto sense10 sounds like vacuum cleaner Beaumont1124 3 2,486 11-27-2020, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Mercergirl
  [Equipment] RESMED AIR SENSE10 SLEEP REPORTS ROSIE 1 2,359 05-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Last Post: under pressure

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.