Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed airsense 10
resmed airsense 10
I have a airsense 10 and for the last 6 months my % leak above threshold runs 24.75%. I have tried nasal masks and nasal pillows several brands with no luck except when I sleep on my back I normally sleep on my side. I spoke with resmed tech today and was told to take my machine back to the place where I had gotten it to have it checked out but that person told me leaks were common and to not worry because my AHI is .79 over the last 6 months. I worry the my AHI is influenced by the huge leaks and is not accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed airsense 10
(06-14-2016, 01:58 PM)videoman Wrote: I worry the my AHI is influenced by the huge leaks and is not accurate.

You are right to be concerned. Probably leaking from an open mouth.
Two choices: Try a chin strap; or go the a full face mask.

Most of us can pick out a mouth leak from flow and leak graphs from sleepyhead. Can you post a night's graph?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a full-face mask? You can buy one with insurance just to test, and then return it for free if it doesn't fix the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi videoman.

Good job on not ignoring it as suggested. The SleepyHead software that most of us on this forum use for data analysis will give more information about the leaks.

(06-14-2016, 01:58 PM)videoman Wrote: I have a airsense 10 and for the last 6 months my % leak above threshold runs 24.75%. I have tried nasal masks and nasal pillows several brands with no luck except when I sleep on my back I normally sleep on my side. I spoke with resmed tech today and was told to take my machine back to the place where I had gotten it to have it checked out but that person told me leaks were common and to not worry because my AHI is .79 over the last 6 months. I worry the my AHI is influenced by the huge leaks and is not accurate.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 455 24 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,809 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,617 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.