Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed airsense 10 noise problem
RE: resmed airsense 10 noise problem
I had a noise like that. It was the humidifier tank. A runner band around the side that sticks out cured my noise. There are a couple of old threads on here that mentioned the rubber band trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is fairly quiet, (to the point that I sometimes find myself needing to check if it's still running when I first wake up) but what I find is that sometimes I'll lay down, and especially if I haven't heard any background noises for a while I'll be hyper-aware of the sound of the machine until I fall asleep. Oddly enough I had a similar issue this morning at work, I normally completely tune out the sound of the air conditioner, but today I started work earlier than I normally do, and was there when it started up, and there was only one other person in the office at the time, so when it first kicked in, it seemed really loud and it sounded somewhat like there was someone running a jet engine in the ceiling. Once I started taking calls, I tuned it out and didn't think about it again for the rest of the day.

Perhaps it would be useful to run a white noise machine for a while before you go to bed. Get yourself use to a low level of background noise, and then the machine won't seem so loud when you turn it on.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Last night I made sure to get the water tank in really tight and the machine ran perfectly quiet all night so I guess that was it, thankfully. Very happy about that. I will keep the rubber band idea in mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Airsense 10 seems to have some machines that make a wheezing sound. It’s been reported on a number of web sites. Try to take it back. They should replace it. The company I bought mine from sent the first machine back, but the replacement I was sent, also wheezed, and they refused to send it back. I’ve been using a cpap for 12 years, and have never had any trouble with any other machines. If your water chamber isn’t pushed in really good, the noise will be louder. Good luck! Getting a good machine seems to be a crap shoot!
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m really sorry about your 2 bad AirSense 10 machines. That is really frustrating. I was pretty worried about mine but so far it is looking like my problem might have been the water container not pushed in tight enough. First time for that in my 3 months of CPAP use so still a rookie here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I too have this problem. But for 90%+ of the time no noise whatsoever. I too highly suspect the tank.

I'm on vacation and it's making a ton of noise. No noise at home. First night here it's not unlike a vacuum cleaner! Shh gahh ccck.....The tank is new as of 12/5. (I write date onto tank and mask for reference purposed)

It's got to be the tank, did make sure the seal was flush........ I'll try the rubber band.

Thanks for the board and Merry Christmas!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 7 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,859 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,295 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,638 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.