Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed climate control tube
resmed climate control tube
i got my 3 hour of sleep (unfortunately usual amount for me with cpap vs 7-8 without), woke up from cold air blowing on my face. unable to fall asleep again. temp set at 86 but air coming out of so cold climate control is nowhere near 86. tube has no condensation inside.  is it correct that climate tube is all about no condensation and has nothing to do with air temp blowing out of machine? i am on 3rd climate control tube and they all the same as far  as cold air. my room temp is 72
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed climate control tube
A couple things that might help...
Use a fleece type hose cover. Also try preheating the humidifier 15-20 minutes before bed.

If cold air is blowing on your face, then the venting from your mask is either hitting the pillow or sheets. This sometimes causes the air to blow on your face or worse in your eyes. Be sure you are not burying your face in your pillow or that the exhaust vents are not hitting pillow or bedding.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind the tube temperature control only applies to the wall of the tube, not the air passing through it. The tube wall is warmed to prevent condensation. Some warming is possible depending on the temperature of the water in the humidifier chamber. A manual setting can result in more humidification (higher water temperature) than the automatic climate setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i have mine on 4, set it to 8, max allowed. will see what happens
Post Reply Post Reply
attached info  from oscar. looks to me mask is leaking and nothing i can do. last night i changed settings to autoramp. time for autoramp was 45. lf i undersand it correctly it took me 45 minutes to fall asleep and then mask was leaking for 2 hours making therapy useless

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You definitely have some mask leaks which you will need to work on. Just a quick look at the leak graph looks like some mask movement. Do you move around a lot, left to right, on your back, etc?

Before bed, use the mask fit feature on your machine and try to adjust the headgear. Don't make it too tight as that can cause leaks too.

Also, read the Mask Primer. Maybe you can glean some tips. Don't be discouraged as getting a good mask fit is hard for so many.

I can't really comment much on your pressure settings, but there is probably some adjustments that can be made. You have a lot of flow limitations and some Reras.

If you could repost a couple of those graphs, but first follow the links in my signature line for guidance on organizing the graph as that will show you what we need to see.

One thing... on the left sidebar, please be sure to click on details, not the events. This way we can see all the statistics on the left sidebar.
The graphs included should be: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limitation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes i move around a lot
Post Reply Post Reply
i checked air temp from climate control hose, it is 83, temp set  at 86. so i dont think i can do much about keeping air warmer.  My main problem remains large leaks that make therapy useless imo. i am exausted. I check mask fit on machine it is always good. I am posting pictures to show information requested. Any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
more attachments

Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion is not an easy one if you are not already doing it. You need to train yourself to sleep on your back. As long as you are going onto your side or stomach with the mask on you WILL get leaks. It took me a while but now I actually prefer to sleep on my back and that is how I got control of my leaks. In fact, they are virtually non-existent. The machine can be adjusted to compensate for slightly greater pressure needed for sleeping on your back but for leaks, nothing else will really help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 247 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.