Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed climateline input, and a couple of other questions
resmed climateline input, and a couple of other questions
Hello again guys, more questions to help me get used to this stuff better Smile

Who has used the resmed climateline tubing, and what are your thoughts? Pros/cons?

Also, I just got my s9 adapt thursday, and when the guy came to set it up, he basically just showed me the basics of the mask and the unit. After researching more i went into the diagnostic settings and looked things over. There are several options that are user decided that neither the dr nor the guy that set me up in my home asked me. Why don't they set it up the exact way the user would like? So many things can be added to the home screen without the patient ever going in to the air settings. I would think that would be desirable to both parties....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed climateline input, and a couple of other questions
Climateline - its sole purpose is to heat itself in order to prevent rainout which is condensation inside the hose. When the hose is colder than the moist air going through it, moisture from the air will condensate on the inside of the hose, gather in the low places, and make obnoxious noises. If you are not using the humidifier or have the humidifier low or the room (and therefore hose) is about the same as the air from the humidifier, you won't need the climateline.

I live in the rural US south. I only use my Climateline in the winter when I need the humidifier. And I love it. Absolutely love it! It completely removed my rainout issues.

As for the settings and why they don't set it up, it is because the vast majority of users don't care. They just put on the mask, turn on the machine, and either use it with ease or fight it and give up. They don't want to know how it works or how to make it work better. And the doc/DME don't want to have to explain it all to people who don't care. Just think of people who take pills without asking about side effects or contraindications. They just take the medication like prescribed.

Did you request the clinician manual for your machine? You can get it here.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Makes a lot of sense Paula! I actually found that clinician manual page about an hour ago and learned a lot! thanks. I live in NJ and going by what i have to do with my whole home humidifier to prevent the windows from getting condensation, i think maybe i will need one too? For $40 i don't think it's too risky to try. lol The other reason why i was thinking about it is when i saw you can set the temp from 60-85 degrees, so if i want colder air coming thru it would be great as well as when i want warmer air. Does it actually cool the air down to 60 if thats what someone desires? (i'll never want 60 degrees, but i did see it went down to 60, thats why i'm asking...)
Post Reply Post Reply
When you attach the climateline, you can change it to either auto or to manual. With auto, you get the one choice and that's the 60 - 85. With the manual, you can choose the temp of the hose and the temp of the water. I think that's how it goes.

I only do the auto 'cause I'm blonde and like it simple. During the winter, if we have the heater really going and the house is dry, I crank it up to about 76F, sometimes higher if it has been cold for many days. If it is more humid, as in we've had rain and not snow, then I turn it down or even off.

Some people say they like the Climateline because it warms up the air for them. Some say they never notice the difference. One of these days my brother (who also lives in NJ) and I will do some temp tests to figure it out.

The humidifier uses a sensor to determine the relative humidity in the room. If you use a humidifier in the room already, it may not get the water that warm anyway. A Climateline may not be necessary but it may warm the air up for you further. Maybe.

Some people never use their humidifier. Some use it year round. It depends on your comfort level.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2014, 07:18 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Some people never use their humidifier. Some use it year round. It depends on your comfort level.

I use mine all the time because I thought if I didn't use it I'd turn into a pumpkin or something. So maybe I don't need to use it? How would one ever know? How would one ever know? How wou--- oh, I already said that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi vig1116,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use my humidifier year-round and I also use the ClimateLine hose and love it; I don't have any rainout, which is what the heated hose is for.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you guys!! (and gals Big Grin)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 911 1 hour ago
Last Post: SheShells23
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 156 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 398 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 357 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.