Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed escape
resmed escape
does the escape ResMed CPAP machine say escape on the machineI am at the DME office and she said it was an escape and then she said that it and it is called resmed s9 auto set Americas
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed escape
(09-10-2013, 02:00 PM)me50 Wrote: does the escape ResMed CPAP machine say escape on the machineI am at the DME office and she said it was an escape and then she said that it and it is called resmed s9 auto set Americas

Just checked for you and yes, the S9 Escape says Escape on the upper left...same place the Autoset says Autoset...

Personally I wouldn't sign for anything until after Im sure its what it is supposed to be. Lot of shady DME companies out there...I had one with my last cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
The escape auto is the version of the Autoset that does not track data. It is a lesser expensive model no mater what country you are in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2013, 02:32 PM)Bobshouse Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 02:00 PM)me50 Wrote: does the escape ResMed CPAP machine say escape on the machineI am at the DME office and she said it was an escape and then she said that it and it is called resmed s9 auto set Americas

Just checked for you and yes, the S9 Escape says Escape on the upper left...same place the Autoset says Autoset...

Personally I wouldn't sign for anything until after Im sure its what it is supposed to be. Lot of shady DME companies out there...I had one with my last cpap.

thank you!! I read this while I was at the DME's office and I even went so far as to call Resmed from their office and give them the serial number to confirm that it was not the ESCAPE!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!! Awesome!!

Post Reply Post Reply
The S9s all have their name by the power button. It will say
Escape
Escape Auto
Autoset
Elite

The first two are cheap but worthless in terms of tracking how well (or not) your treatment is working.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2013, 09:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The S9s all have their name by the power button. It will say
Escape
Escape Auto
Autoset
Elite

The first two are cheap but worthless in terms of tracking how well (or not) your treatment is working.

i have an s9 elite and now the auto set s9 (not escape) and tonight is my first night with the auto set. I am presuming they don't make an auto set s9 elite
I didn't look at they told me I don't need the EPR turned on. they did tell me that you can't look at the data for one night on the auto set like you can on the s9 elite
Post Reply Post Reply
the EPR is a nice feature - I like it a lot but dial it different pressures depending on the mask.
It will display summary data for you but the best way to see what happened is to load the results into rescan or sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can see the data for a single night. Tap the Info button then tap again. This should be the detailed data. If it is set for 1 night, it will be there. You can also see averages (7 nights, 30 days).

EPR is a comfort feature although for some people, it can either cause more events or decrease the events.

There is no Elite Autoset. They are basically the same but one runs on a set pressure (ie 12) while the other runs on a range of pressures (ie 10-14)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 297 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 460 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info jas32 5 1,026 10-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: jas32
  [CPAP] ResMed S9 Escape Auto - Setting issue vale94 4 1,181 06-11-2020, 05:15 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] resmed s8 escape kennybleep 4 1,056 01-13-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Hoping to Escape Insopita 23 2,898 05-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Switch repair on Resmed S8 Escape II Images MRIBOB 8 13,533 04-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Rockethound

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.