Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed f20 with dream station, what else do I need?
resmed f20 with dream station, what else do I need?
I have previously been using a simplus mask but because of leaks I wanted to try a new mask and ordered the resmed f20.

I have the mask, frame, headstrap, and elbow, but it doesn't fit my existing hose.   

Do I need an adapter or maybe a new hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed f20 with dream station, what else do I need?
Did you make sure the older mask’s elbow has been removed from the hose? Maybe I’m wrong, but the mask end of the hose should be universal in accepting most masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought that there were two sizes of CPAP hose. Something like a 19 mm and a 22 mm? 

Or, maybe it was a 17 mm?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 09:55 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I thought that there were two sizes of CPAP hose. Something like a 19 mm and a 22 mm? 

Or, maybe it was a 17 mm?  Dont-know

Maybe I’m wrong but I think the diameter of one other hose is 15 mm and called SlimLine can be added to the list, with 19 mm being the new standard one. 22 mm is the old school standard size. I was under the impression most hoses had a 22mm collar/connection.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 08:53 PM)sifuhall Wrote: I have previously been using a simplus mask but because of leaks I wanted to try a new mask and ordered the resmed f20.

I have the mask, frame, headstrap, and elbow, but it doesn't fit my existing hose.   

Do I need an adapter or maybe a new hose?

Look in the end of your hose I suspect there is a hard plastic piece off of the simplus mask, pull it out (that can be hard to do) the end of the hose should just be a rubber connector the are all the same size no matter what diameter hose you have
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 730 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 761 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 855 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,772 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.