Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed n20 mask setting
resmed n20 mask setting
Just switched from a wisp to a resmed n20. So far no leaks ,not shifting when I turn and getting great results. Question I have is I noticed in user guide to set mask setting on pillows. It's a resmed airsense 10. I had it set to the nasal setting. Should I Change to pillows ?
Thanks again -
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed n20 mask setting
No, the N20 is a nasal mask. Quick note: Resmed prefixes their mask type with a letter. "F" = (F20) Full Face Mask, "N" = (N20) Nasal, and "P" = (P10) Pillow.
I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it set on nasal but manual says pillows. But I agree with you gong to leave on nasal 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed would never provide a straight answer to the question of what is the difference of mask settings. I finally played with using one type of mask and declaring it as different type to see what would happen. The setting seems to be based on mask volume to determine events and responses.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
.. and leaks and resulting from that the flowrate^^ (and resulting from that the event-detection^^)

I would go with the advice from the (mask-)manual ... I really believe that resmed is knowing much better than we are or can what system-settings should be applied to their own device-mix^^
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try it on pillows tonight and see what happens
Post Reply Post Reply
I have exact same question. What was your experience Saxmann?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using an N20 for a few months and have had it on nasal the entire time. Gotten great results from it. Did not notice in the manual about setting the machine to pillows, will have to check on that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.