Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed s8 (any version) teardown/disassembly/repair
resmed s8 (any version) teardown/disassembly/repair
Can anyone help with some teardown/disassembly instructions and photos for a resmed s8 (any model, but I have the autosetII)? I'm trying somewhat desperately to repair it, as it is out of warranty and in good condition apart form a recent accident.

Background: I overfilled the humidifier tank, got some water backsplash, presumably during EPR pressrure relief (3cm), and although the machine worked through the night it refused to start again the next evening, and gave me the dreaded "System Err 1019/Call service" message on the LCD.

Actions: I lightly warmed the cpap overnight on top of my desktop pc to get humdity out, but the machine still would not run, except late last night it would run for 3 seconds and then give a "System Err 1015" (different from 1019). I suspect that the flow meter is stuck and the motor/fan/pump control thinks the tube is blocked, hence shuts off. I gleaned this info about error 1015/1019 via google.

Moreover, I acquired a Torx T10 screwdriver and attempted to disassemble the machine with the intent of drying the innards and see if I could locate a stuck flow meter/transducer. Screws did not come all the way out, but they may nevertheless be sufficiently unfastened. However, I am not able to pry the two halves of the cpap clamshell exterior apart. Especially around the air exit tube, the clamshell seems to be stuck very solidly. Other places I can make a small crack but I cannot get the halves apart. I tried to find the location of locking/snap tabs with a thin and dull letter opener (knife). No luck so far.

References: I looked at a very nice s9 teardown post/photos, but the s9 is sufficiently different from the s8 that I was not able to deduce how to crack open the s8.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed s8 (any version) teardown/disassembly/repair
Hi tungpust,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you can manage it, you would be better served by a new machine, the technology has changed over the years. They have some great deals on either gently-used or open-box machines at Supplier #2 on the suppliers list here at the top of each page on this board.
Hang in there and someone will be along to help; best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Might have seen a youtube video on the S8.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I am making some progress with the teardown, but have not been able to get rid of "System Err 1019" yet, so the machine will still not run. I have posted more detail on another blog that is a competitor of this one, not sure if I can post a link to that?
Post Reply Post Reply
A fellow member helpfully pointed out that the *real* SERVICE MANUAL is available to members by going to the following link and following the instructions there.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Only-FILES

Right now I am looking for the S8 interface/breakout board pinout and the ResMed Service Software. Looks like I need those to calibrate the flow sensor, which can be had for $27 on Amazon as of 2 days ago (search for AWM 730B5).

I would like to to solder a USB cable directly onto the interface/breakout board.
Post Reply Post Reply
I realize this is very late, but I just found the answer to your initial question: there are no hidden catches. Once you undo the screws the clamshell is held together by friction from a rubbery gasket. It just has to be pried open with patience.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Disassembly ? M Friedman 1 610 11-29-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 499 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,564 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 580 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,558 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 695 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,278 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.