Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed s9 autoset ramp fails
RE: resmed s9 autoset ramp fails
Oh! I don't know why it didn't occur to me in my previous post, but you should also try turning the ramp off because in your case you're already starting at the lowest possible pressure. The ramp will just delay the AutoSet algorithm, so if you happen to fall asleep or need a higher pressure, you won't get it until the ramp time is elapsed. That could also be causing some feelings of suffocation.

Personally, I think the ramp really only makes sense for people with high starting pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2013, 03:46 PM)Paptillian Wrote: I think your unit is working but you just may not be liking the low pressure of 4. Since 4 is your low pressure setting, that's where it'll start (ramp or no ramp). If you change your prescription settings to a higher minimum pressure (say 6) then the ramp will cause it to start at 4 and then slowly raise to 6 where it will hold until you are having flow restrictions or apneas.

Paptillian said it better than what I was going to say Coffee

For me, starting at 4 would make me suffocate not getting enough air but everyone is different
Manufacturers warn some rebreathing may occur at low CPAP pressures
Post Reply Post Reply
Paptillian and Zonk, thanks for your support and advice. Could I possibly have panicked Big Grin? Who me? I'll give it a try and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, changing the Min Pressure setting was what was needed. I also shut down the ramp. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 506 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 488 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,243 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 540 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.