Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed s9 expected motor life exceeded
resmed s9 expected motor life exceeded
I have an resmed  S9 vpap adapt with an error showing expected motor life exceeded..  The motor has been replaced.. I need to know how to reset the error code and can not seem to get any help from resmed technical support since they will not directly help patients.  Any ideas how to reset the code?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed s9 expected motor life exceeded
Have you tried resetting?
Just unplug from power source, wait a few minutes and plug back in.

May or may not work.

You can also go into the Clinicians menu and reset the Machine Hours (blower hours).
If your machine is not working, it’s worth a try.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you get to the menu how do you reset the hours?
Post Reply Post Reply
Order your complete free copy of the Clinicians manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

First check Section One, scroll down to S9 info. There is a link for setup instruction with pictures.  
You should be able to find instruction for navigating the menus there.

There are also some service manuals available in the Private Files and Links Forum.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2018, 09:13 AM)ront1953 Wrote: I have an resmed  S9 vpap adapt with an error showing expected motor life exceeded..  The motor has been replaced.. I need to know how to reset the error code and can not seem to get any help from resmed technical support since they will not directly help patients.  Any ideas how to reset the code?

How did you get the motor replaced? My s9 apap just went off with the same error and I am looking for a replacement, but if I could get mine fixed it would be great too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try contacting Supplier #27 with this question. Be sure to post what you learn.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2018, 10:10 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Have you tried resetting?  
Just unplug from power source, wait a few minutes and plug back in.

May or may not work.  

You can also go into the Clinicians menu and reset the Machine Hours (blower hours).
If your machine is not working, it’s worth a try.

Opal, you can't reset the machine hours from the Clinician's access.  This can only be done from the factory level as it requires different software to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mosquitobait!
I don’t know why I said machine hours as I know you can’t erase those.

I was sort of thinking about the error message he was getting, and if he reset his usage hours, it might make a difference.

ront1953,
Let us know if you find a solution.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered a very low hours 221 unit off the web.. all S9 motors apparently are the same. There is a nice easy video on the web for replacement.  I just removed the circuit board which is held on by two screws and a couple of electrical clips.  put my circuit board on the new motor unit and put it back together following the video.. Basically three screws using a 10 torx driver. took about 20 minutes.  works great just can't seem to get rid of the code.  Mine was an ASV unit and the one I got turned out to be a VPAP S.  motors were identical though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2018, 09:39 AM)ront1953 Wrote: I ordered a very low hours 221 unit off the web.. all S9 motors apparently are the same. There is a nice easy video on the web for replacement.  I just removed the circuit board which is held on by two screws and a couple of electrical clips.  put my circuit board on the new motor unit and put it back together following the video.. Basically three screws using a 10 torx driver. took about 20 minutes.  works great just can't seem to get rid of the code.  Mine was an ASV unit and the one I got turned out to be a VPAP S.  motors were identical though.

Thanks that is very helpful actually. I may see if I can do something similar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 394 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,893 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,352 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,255 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.