Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8cm
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Question resmed s9 menu
I have a ResMed S9 AutoSet H5i. I need to adjust the humidity level. The instructions given in the"Welcome Guide" don't agree with the screen that I have. My HOME screen has just one icon: humidity plus temperature (i.e., no ramp). Pressing the "push dial" gives me a the adjustment for temperature; no humidity.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
02-10-2015 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

RE: resmed s9 menu
(02-10-2015 09:16 AM)geoffleach Wrote:  I have a ResMed S9 AutoSet H5i. I need to adjust the humidity level. The instructions given in the"Welcome Guide" don't agree with the screen that I have. My HOME screen has just one icon: humidity plus temperature (i.e., no ramp). Pressing the "push dial" gives me a the adjustment for temperature; no humidity.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Ask for the clinician manual -- link in banner at top of page.
I suspect you are using a climateline hose, which has only a temperature setting. The H5i then provides humidity relative to temperature such that "rainout" does not occur.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-10-2015 09:31 AM
geoffleach Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9

Other Comments:

Checked the clinician manual. S9 is set to "Auto" which implies automatic 80% humidity.
02-10-2015 09:37 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

It might be best to leave it in auto. The machine has a sensor that detects the humidity of the air in the room. It uses that to determine how much to heat the water and provide humidity to the user. Switching it to manual within the clinician section can mess with that. I know a few people here have done that and didn't like it.

If you do decide to go to manual, please let us know what you did and how it went. The information can help us help others later!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-10-2015 05:51 PM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Hi Geoff, when you say you need to adjust the humidity, do you feel it's too high or too low, or are you getting rainout (condensation)? If you're on auto and getting rainout then something's not set up properly. On the other hand you can go to manual and fiddle with both temperature and humidity. In my case my therapist had me playing with these settings to try and find an optimum but in the end it was best to do as Paula said and put it on auto. Set it to 30 degrees and haven't had a humidity problem since.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

02-12-2015 02:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
geoffleach Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9

Other Comments:

(02-12-2015 02:20 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  Hi Geoff, when you say you need to adjust the humidity, do you feel it's too high or too low, or are you getting rainout (condensation)? If you're on auto and getting rainout then something's not set up properly. On the other hand you can go to manual and fiddle with both temperature and humidity. In my case my therapist had me playing with these settings to try and find an optimum but in the end it was best to do as Paula said and put it on auto. Set it to 30 degrees and haven't had a humidity problem since.

Thanks for the replyThanks. I was thinking about fiddling with the humidity, UNTIL I discovered that the Auto setting implied 80%. That was enough for me.
02-12-2015 03:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can't get to the clinician menu Star 4 361 11-06-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: robysue
  clinical menu on A10 sdb7802 2 389 03-31-2016 08:46 PM
Last Post: sdb7802
  Questions on Clinician''s Menu in my PR APAP Menu SideSleeper 3 634 01-01-2016 02:38 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One SideSleeper 6 873 12-15-2015 10:14 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Smile Autosense 10 clinical menu Van Vader 3 1,648 09-29-2015 08:03 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Information Philips-Respironics REMstar SE Setup Menu instructions SuperSleeper 6 50,278 05-12-2015 01:53 PM
Last Post: crashnose
  Missing Menu Options Nyre 2 941 04-18-2015 07:01 PM
Last Post: Nyre