Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed s9 sd card
resmed s9 sd card
Hi first time posting in a forum so I hope I am doing this right. 
I took the sd card out of my machine and put it into my computer and with out thinking when it asked how I wanted to open it I clicked on the option it chose and the files were changed to word. I had no software on my computer. Is there anyway to change them back to what they were before do I install the software 5.9? 
I had no idea I could make any changes myself I was always led to believe by my supplier that they had to do it and I would like to avoid taking it back I. For them to fix if possible. 
Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. 
Wanda
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed s9 sd card
that option just told your computer how to read those files if you double click on them. it doesnt actually affect what is on the card. what does affect the card is the volume information written to the card as soon as you mount it under windows. Your S9 will probably want to format the card when you put it back in the machine, as it doesnt like that extra info - but if not, no harm done. If you don't need the data, let the S9 format it. If you do, then make a copy of it first.

Any sd card can go in that slot. if you want, you can keep the old card for someone to help you with, and get a new card with nothing on it and insert it in the S9 which it will then format and happily write to.

you can prevent windows from writing volume info to the cards by either running a registry change script which can be found here somewhere (sorry, i am a non-windows user) or by sliding the write lock on the card before inserting it, and unlocking it again when replacing in the S9.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
here is a link to the instructions for dealing with the system volume info on your card:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid167370
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day W Hanson. Welcome to Apnea Board.

As Daria said, it's unlikely the computer actually changed the format of the files on your card. Depending on which version of Windows you're using, it might have written an index file to your card. Most S9 machines will object to the presence of the file and will want to reformat the card. If this happens, you'll lose the detailed data on the card but the summary data will still be stored in your machine more or less permanently. I believe the last few production runs of the S9 didn't suffer from this problem.

The easiest and safest path at the moment is as follows:

1. Download and install #SleepyHead software
3. In the preferences setting in SleepyHead (File | Preferences | Import) make sure you have checked Create CD card backups during import
3. Lock the card by sliding the little tab (there is a picture on the #SleepyHead welcome screen)
4. Go ahead and import the data to SleepyHead, which will then also make the backup on your hard drive
5. Unlock the card and put it back into the S9. If it asks to reformat the card say OK
6. In future, remember to lock the card before putting it into the computer.

Unless you know exactly what you're doing, don't make any changes to the registry. This is the heart of your computer's operating system and messing about with it can cause some real problems!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
A couple of questions:
1. If I take the card as it is now to the sleep apnea place can they still view/save the info from the card and will they know I have placed it in my computer? ?
2. If I save it to my hard drive in my computer can I view what is on it and if so how?
3. Does the S9 retain all the settings I personally require to benefit from the machine or does a reformat loose all that?
4. It is an automatic so are there any pressure settings I need to be concerned about having been changed or is the pressure adjusted as I need it automatically? It “appears” to be set to low of 4 and max of 20. I was able to change the min to 4.8 which I seem to need in order to not feel like I am suffocating. ?
I appreciate all the help sorry if I sound illiterate but I had no idea all these settings were assessable to me I was always told it was locked and I could never accidentally change them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:1. If I take the card as it is now to the sleep apnea place can they still view/save the info from the card and will they know I have placed it in my computer? ?
Yes, they should be able to read the card no problems. It's possible there will be some sort of error message but unlikely. And if they know you've put it in your computer, so what? It's your machine (presumably), your computer, your data and your health.

Quote:2. If I save it to my hard drive in my computer can I view what is on it and if so how?
You need a software program called #SleepyHead . <- click on this link to download it. Go to the Apnea Board wiki (link at the top of this page) and look for Robeysue's SleepyHead guide. You'll get plenty of help from the members here if you run into problems.

Quote:3. Does the S9 retain all the settings I personally require to benefit from the machine or does a reformat loose all that?
Yes, the machine retains the settings internally. As you know, the settings can be changed directly on the machine itself. They can also be changed on the card using ResScan (which is a sort of "professional" version of SleepyHead). In that case they will be transferred to the machine's internal memory the next time the card is inserted.

Quote:4. It is an automatic so are there any pressure settings I need to be concerned about having been changed or is the pressure adjusted as I need it automatically? It “appears” to be set to low of 4 and max of 20. I was able to change the min to 4.8 which I seem to need in order to not feel like I am suffocating. ?
The machine will adjust automatically, but it really needs to be given a more constrained range to operate optimally. 4 - 20 are the settings which come from the factory and is what we call "wide open". As you have found out, 4.0 is too low for most people. I suspect your clinic gave you the wide open settings with the intention of providing a more optimum range once you got some initial data. This is an alternative to the so-called "titration study" which they tend to do in the States.

Quote:I appreciate all the help sorry if I sound illiterate but I had no idea all these settings were assessable to me I was always told it was locked and I could never accidentally change them.
Happy to help. A lot of sleep doctors and techs don't like patients to change their own settings in the same way physicians don't like patients changing the dosage of their medicines. Some seem to get quite aggressive or defensive about it, but in reality it's your own health at stake here and you need to be your own best advocate. I guess the thing is, you should only make changes if you know what you're doing or have good advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help I will definitely give all this a go and see if I can download the info and would
Like to be able to see my own reports. I may have more questions down the road.
Thanks again for the help all! ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,252 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card Pat F 5 928 03-25-2023, 05:44 PM
  Resmed S10 Modem and SD card gdahl 5 986 03-07-2023, 11:52 AM
Question No Data on ResMed AS10 data card?? DoubtFire61 8 1,059 01-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResMed-2 sessions short 2nd useful- Break to long/Card out of machine to soon. KeepSmiling 5 677 11-18-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.