Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea.
RE: Excessive dream and sleep apnea.
@ejbp
It's common to feel no remembered dreams = better sleep.

I actually feel the opposite. 
I subjectively feel I sleep worse with cpap and have no dreams.
I want my dreams and what felt like deeper sleep back.

If you posted screenshots of some of your OSCAR daily reports the experts might be able to see reasons you don't feel rested and offer suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Excessive dream and sleep apnea.
This is a complex question to address since no dreams recalled doesn't mean bad quality sleep, or dreamed remember doesn't mean quality sleep either.

I think if you wake up more than the normal amount of times and recall dreams, it's a sign of REM interuptions.

But also, you may have so many apneas that you never even reach a state of dreams, which is probably the worse condition you can have, and obviously, not recall dreams.

Also, recalling dreams mean you woke up while during REM sleep, but we can also wake up in different stages throught the night.

It's possible REM sleep is completed, and you never wakeup during those periods, and not recall your dreams, but you have had quality sleep all night. The important question is, since the sleep works in cycles, is it normal for REM to be interrupted to end the cycle, therefore, you recall the dream and this would mean that you would have to recall dreams to know you have slept in REM. Which would means dream is necessary for quality sleep.

So, it's not simple as dreaming or not dreams to determine sleep quality.
Post Reply Post Reply
2 month on CPAP but still getting too much dreams.
Hi,
I was diagnose with AHI 8.7 PRDI is 16.6
I have purchased CPAP self and started the treatment.

My original problem was I am getting too much dream in the sleep and did not feel refresh in the morning.
I need to take nape to be active in evening.
Dreams are like movie story and running for the full night. I usually remember all the dreams and wake up 3-4 times in a night.

After CPAP start the dream was stopped for 4-5 days but then again started.
After CPAP I feel little bit better. I do not need nape in after noon. I feel little bit active. But still I did not feel 100% better. I have attached my OSCAR report. Can you please guide me some suggestion to do in my CPAP machine ?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 month on CPAP but still getting too much dreams.
Hi Experts,
Any suggestion ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, ketanerp  I'm not an expert, but this reference has sections on organizing and posting charts.  It would probably be helpful to also post some charts organized in this way.

What do you mean by too many dreams -- are they waking you up?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I forgot the link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling too much Dizziness from three days.
Hi Expert,
I am posting my Oscar for last two days. I am getting too much Dizziness full days.
I do not have a sleep doctor. my PCP is not helping any more.
I have bought CPAP machine my self and using from last four months.
Initially I was feel really good but again problem started of Dizziness.

I am getting too much dream in night and that make my days worst.

Below is my screen shot from oscar. Can you guys please suggest anything is wrong here. I am going to change my PCP next week.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea.
Hi, ketanerp  We can't see flow rate on your charts.  This reference should help you organize them so that the key information is visible:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Dizziness is often due to medications or infections.  For example, some high blood pressure medications can cause dizziness or light-headedness if your blood pressure gets too low.  Viral infections that get into the inner ear can affect balance.  Could something other than sleep be causing this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 99 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 138 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  I have developed a strong and scary dizziness Abrecaminos 7 243 04-18-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,289 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 273 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 155 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 126 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.