Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

respironics choice
i am trying to find instructions to change the settings on a respironics choice machine. I have run the search and haven't found what I need. Any help will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kasper80,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your quiry about your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 11:14 PM)kasper80 Wrote: i am trying to find instructions to change the settings on a respironics choice machine. I have run the search and haven't found what I need. Any help will be appreciated.
I could only find some instructions and the user manual

[Image: 302055.jpg]

It needs a manometer to set it to the correct pressure. Under the top cover (under the tower with remstar on it) there are two dials - one for ramp in 5 min segments - one to adjust pressure by turning it. also there is a remote option

User manual http://www.apria.com/wps/wcm/connect/e5d...OD=AJPERES

Supplier #2 stock some used and new machines at reasonable prices
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

here is "machines choices" guide http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
Post Reply Post Reply

Exclaimation 
(11-11-2014, 11:53 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 11:14 PM)kasper80 Wrote: i am trying to find instructions to change the settings on a respironics choice machine. . . .
. . .
It needs a manometer to set it to the correct pressure. Under the top cover (under the tower with remstar on it) there are two dials - one for ramp in 5 min segments - one to adjust pressure by turning it . . .

I have exactly the same problem, zonk, and was seeking some guidepost like this on another thread (I'm afraid all I got were wise-guy responses making fun of me for not discarding a working machine because it was old).

I just want to set it up to use as a backup, but my pressure is considerably higher now than it was when I got my Remstar Choice machines--I actually have two, set for 10 cm of water, which is what I needed back in 1991. Recently, the CPAP I was using suddenly died in the middle of the night, and I tried to use this old one for the rest of the night, only to discover that 10 cm isn't really adequate for me--and since, back in those days, they made a federal secret out of changing the pressure, I didn't want to take it apart until I had some idea of what i was looking for.

I'd love to have a bit more detail on this--even if I can just bump up the pressure a LITTLE it will probably at least get the device to a point where I can use it as a backup machine in a crisis.

kaspar80, were you able to get anywhere with adjusting the pressure on your device?

has anybody else managed to change it?
Post Reply Post Reply
otherwise, you could pass it on to another old-timer that can do well at 10 cm!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV: Anyone Used Both Resmed and Respironics ASV? VisitorX 8 267 11-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: VisitorX
  [CPAP] Auto mode on Respironics IS better! TimtheEnchanter 3 177 11-13-2017, 02:42 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Ever used a Respironics ASV? Please take this survey. VisitorX 0 86 11-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: VisitorX
  Advice Would be So Appreciated [w/ travel CPAP choice] tish 8 440 10-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Humidity on Philips Respironics A40 DBTaylor 5 195 10-24-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] New CPAPer seeking advice on machine choice TimHodge 6 232 10-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Respironics Dreamstation problems Rimaggio 5 477 09-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: OpalRose