Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

respironics choice
respironics choice
i am trying to find instructions to change the settings on a respironics choice machine. I have run the search and haven't found what I need. Any help will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: respironics choice
Hi kasper80,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your quiry about your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 11:14 PM)kasper80 Wrote: i am trying to find instructions to change the settings on a respironics choice machine. I have run the search and haven't found what I need. Any help will be appreciated.
I could only find some instructions and the user manual

[Image: 302055.jpg]

It needs a manometer to set it to the correct pressure. Under the top cover (under the tower with remstar on it) there are two dials - one for ramp in 5 min segments - one to adjust pressure by turning it. also there is a remote option

User manual http://www.apria.com/wps/wcm/connect/e5d...OD=AJPERES

Supplier #2 stock some used and new machines at reasonable prices
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

here is "machines choices" guide http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
(11-11-2014, 11:53 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 11:14 PM)kasper80 Wrote: i am trying to find instructions to change the settings on a respironics choice machine. . . .
. . .
It needs a manometer to set it to the correct pressure. Under the top cover (under the tower with remstar on it) there are two dials - one for ramp in 5 min segments - one to adjust pressure by turning it . . .

I have exactly the same problem, zonk, and was seeking some guidepost like this on another thread (I'm afraid all I got were wise-guy responses making fun of me for not discarding a working machine because it was old).

I just want to set it up to use as a backup, but my pressure is considerably higher now than it was when I got my Remstar Choice machines--I actually have two, set for 10 cm of water, which is what I needed back in 1991. Recently, the CPAP I was using suddenly died in the middle of the night, and I tried to use this old one for the rest of the night, only to discover that 10 cm isn't really adequate for me--and since, back in those days, they made a federal secret out of changing the pressure, I didn't want to take it apart until I had some idea of what i was looking for.

I'd love to have a bit more detail on this--even if I can just bump up the pressure a LITTLE it will probably at least get the device to a point where I can use it as a backup machine in a crisis.

kaspar80, were you able to get anywhere with adjusting the pressure on your device?

has anybody else managed to change it?
Post Reply Post Reply
otherwise, you could pass it on to another old-timer that can do well at 10 cm!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 268 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 873 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,738 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,401 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 756 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.