Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

run hours
run hours
After reading some threads here Ijust learned to look up my run hours.
Prescription was sent from doctor direct to Lincare. My used hours are showing 238.6 and my machine run hours are showing 562. Did I get a used machine? If so, can they do that or do these few hours mean much? Are providers supposed to give new machines when receiving a script? I'm going on my 10th week with this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: run hours
If you have used the machine for 9+ weeks everyday, that is 63+ days of use.

Looks like you got the machine brand new since 238 total hours of use translate to < 4 hours of use every day since you got it. You can look at your actual data by using Rescan or Sleepyhead and confirm.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
238 is the current user hours. But it does not account for the missing 323.4 hrs between current user and the machine hours.

User hours/data can be erased but machine hours cannot.

But then, if this is your 10th week and you've only used it 238.6 hrs, that would mean you are using it less than 4 hrs a night and that is not good. If you are using it more hours than that a night, then all is well. Somewhere along the night, you must have erased the hours. Because doing the math with the 562, that comes out to about 8hrs a night which is much better.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If your S9 is like mine it shows the last 30 days by default. That works out to 7 to 8 hours per day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2015, 12:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: 238 is the current user hours. But it does not account for the missing 323.4 hrs between current user and the machine hours.

User hours/data can be erased but machine hours cannot.

But then, if this is your 10th week and you've only used it 238.6 hrs, that would mean you are using it less than 4 hrs a night and that is not good. If you are using it more hours than that a night, then all is well. Somewhere along the night, you must have erased the hours. Because doing the math with the 562, that comes out to about 8hrs a night which is much better.
I went back and looked at the data. the 238.6 was for a 30 day period. Someday I'll figure this machine out....I hope.
Thank for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use a humidifier they run for up to an hour after machine is turned off not sure if that is what you were asking about or not but just thought I would mention it
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is showing the 30 day usage on one screen (ex: 30 days x 8 hrs = 240 hours). You can change this time period if you wish. This gives you an average over the time period you choose to see.

If you proceed to the next screen you get total run hours or 63 days x 9 hrs per day = 567. Approx what your seeing. Can't change the total usage screen or run hours on the second screen, that is total hours the machine has been used. All is well on your machine, it's new Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 289 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 529 01-11-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.