Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s/o SH and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!)
RE: s/o Sleepyhead and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!)
Hi,

I have a grey Nonin Xpod from when I was daft enough to have bought all the oxy kit for a much older resmed machine it has a 3 pin (female) on the machine end and a serial port type plug on the other, but I don’t know how to be sure how many of the 9 holes are live, using a light and a magnifier it looks like it has a metal ring in 7 of the holes,but can’t be sure there are definitely 9 holes and no dummy positions, would you be able to advise me on whether or not I have been lucky  or not ? the ir sensor is noin and has 344 in the moulding of the plug, the finger end is a tape on bare bones job, they all came from Resmed UK.

Cheers

Chrissifer
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2018, 12:02 PM)Chrissifer Wrote: Hi,

I have a grey Nonin Xpod from when I was daft enough to have bought all the oxy kit for a much older resmed machine it has a 3 pin (female) on the machine end and a serial port type plug on the other, but I don’t know how to be sure how many of the 9 holes are live, using a light and a magnifier it looks like it has a metal ring in 7 of the holes,but can’t be sure there are definitely 9 holes and no dummy positions, would you be able to advise me on whether or not I have been lucky  or not ? the ir sensor is noin and has 344 in the moulding of the plug, the finger end is a tape on bare bones job, they all came from Resmed UK.

Cheers

Chrissifer

What model XPOD?
What model ResMed?
What model ResMed adapter? 
What do you wish to accomplish? 
You can always contact Nonin's Developer Department for Pin-Out information, but ResMed is rarely cooperative in providing information regarding their devices.
Have you called or emailed Kevin Cooper (Supplier #19) to ask for any advice?

-- steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, thank you for responding.

The xpod is a 3012.
My APAP is a Resmed S9 autoset
I don’t have the interphase between the S9 and the nonin xpod, not much point in getting one if the bits I’ve got are not going to work with it.

My intention is to use what I have got already, to measure my spo2 and pulse if it works with the resmed pulseox interphase module.

I hav not contacted any one else yet.

Cheers

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Chris,

I, too, have an XPOD 3012, but the 3012LP (Low Power Version) on the S10. 
Contact one of your local vendors and check the connections from the XPOD to ResMed Oximetry Adapter  
On one side of my XPOD there is a 9-pin the hooks into the O2 finger probe. 

|oooxo |   (top 5 pins with one missing pin next to last)
| ooxo  |   (botton 3 pins with one missing pin next to last)

On the other side of the XPOD there is a round 3-pin keyed connector that attaches to the ResMed Adapter (which plugs into the S10). It looks like the S9 adapter also uses the 3-pin input but is different from the S10 adapter.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Man, that thing is awesome. I bought a CMS50F that is impossible to sync with my sleepyhead data. I'm assuming the oximeter tech is better with this than the Contec product? Do you have data chart that shows your oximetry synced to the cpap data? I am curious what it looks like.
Post Reply Post Reply
Send me a PM with your email and I will forward some screen shots to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased a Nonin XPOD 3012LP and it does not plug into the ResMed AIR10 module I received today. It has a 4-conductor connector with 2 pins and 2 sockets. Any idea where to find the proper XPOD 3012LP (I would’ve thought that was a specific enough part # to not lead me astray)?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You may wish to consult your vendor or call Kevin (Vendor #19 -- my go to guy for oximeters, especially the ResMed set-up).

My Nonin XPOD 3012 lp permanent connection has a three-pin keyed plug that mates with the ResMed Adapter. The other end is a removable cable that has a termination similar to a DB-9 pin that plugs into the finger sensor.
unit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 807 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.