Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s/o SH and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!)
s/o SH and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!)
I'm using a loaner Bi-level from the sleep doc's office and with it a ResMed Pulse Ox unit that plugs directly onto the ResMed AirCurve.

I tried using the Sleepyhead Pulse Oximetry Wizard to pull in the data, which gave me a "no compatible devices found" error message, so I reported (incorrectly, as it turns out) that the ResMed Oximeter and Sleepyhead were incompatible (at least on a Mac).

That was incorrect. Just now I'm looking at may charts and I scroll way down and guess what I see embedded into my Sleepyhead charts? All the SpO2 data synced in time to the rest of the data. Pulled in automatically.

Pretty cool!

But now I think I may have been intentionally spun on the Oximetry data by my doctor, who I thought was the only one with the data.

Anyway, I want to report this ResMed unit works.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s/o Sleepyhead and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!)
And they cost $950. My enthusiasm dampens.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the report back. And now you know why so few people use the ResMed oximeter! The Contec oximeters, while more troublesome and prone to artifacts, cost between $35 and $120, usually.

Pholynyk
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 10:15 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Thank you for the report back. And now you know why so few people use the ResMed oximeter! The Contec oximeters, while more troublesome and prone to artifacts, cost between $35 and $120, usually.

Pholynyk

Right. I had more than a few people (myself included) who were unaware that a ResMed Oximeter exists.

It is quite slick (if potentially fragile where the pins insert) in that it plugs right into the port that's under the SD card slot.

And the data syncs (in time) embedded in the Sleepyhead chart.

My first web search showed a price of $199. Seemed high, but I was considering it. Then I discovered that was only for the module, and the total kit was $995.  

Oh-jeez

Glad to try it out. 

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Spy Car,

It's been about two months since you last posted to this thread about your experience with the Resmed oximetry system. I'm wondering how that is going now. Could you give an update?

Also - you mentioned that you use a Mac. Are you finding any complications with the Resmed/Mac combination, for instance when you upload data to the Mac? Or is it simply a matter of temporarily moving your SD card from the PAP machine to your computer (laptop, I assume?) and downloading the data, as one would normally do with SleepyHead without oximetry data?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 08:55 PM)VisitorX Wrote: Hi Spy Car,

It's been about two months since you last posted to this thread about your experience with the Resmed oximetry system. I'm wondering how that is going now. Could you give an update?

Also - you mentioned that you use a Mac. Are you finding any complications with the Resmed/Mac combination, for instance when you upload data to the Mac? Or is it simply a matter of temporarily moving your SD card from the PAP machine to your computer (laptop, I assume?) and downloading the data, as one would normally do with SleepyHead without oximetry data?

Thank you.

Hello VisitorX,

I do have a Mac (desktop with SD card reader) and used a loaner ResMed Pulse Ox for 5 nights (but do not own one).

When I had the borrowed ResMed Pulse Ox unit all that was necessary to get the data into Sleepyhead was doing the standard CPAP import, it brings in the data automatically.

I originally thought the ResMed Pulse Ox was incompatible because I could not get the Sleepyhead Oximetry Wizard to sync with the ResMed Pulse Ox. What I didn't realize (at first) was that the data automatically came across in the import.

It is seamless. 

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill,

Thanks for your post. How did you work out a loaner? From where? Do you happen to know of any of the durable medical equipment companies (DME's) rent that, perhaps along with a Resmed PAP machine? It would be great to try out the whole system before considering this, especially since I currently use a Respironics Dream Station, so getting the Resmed ox setup would require that I get both a PAP machine and the ox equipment.

Best,
VisX
Post Reply Post Reply
VisitorX,

Do you really want to pay $1500 or so for all that when you could just pick a cheap recording oximeter for $140 and accomplish the same thing?

If so send some of that extra cash this way.  Thanks
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 03:03 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: VisitorX,

Do you really want to pay $1500 or so for all that when you could just pick a cheap recording oximeter for $140 and accomplish the same thing?

If so send some of that extra cash this way.  Thanks

Word is that these can be had for about $500 gently used. Pretty expensive, but....

That the ResMed syncs precisely in time and imports directly is pretty sweet. I wish the price was consumer friendly.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 02:54 PM)VisitorX Wrote: Bill,

Thanks for your post. How did you work out a loaner? From where? Do you happen to know of any of the durable medical equipment companies (DME's) rent that, perhaps along with a Resmed PAP machine? It would be great to try out the whole system before considering this, especially since I currently use a Respironics Dream Station, so getting the Resmed ox setup would require that I get both a PAP machine and the ox equipment.

Best,
VisX

I got mine along with a loaner Bi-Level from my health group's sleep lab (Kaiser). I needed to do a trial on Bi-level and I asked if they had a Pulse Oximeter I could use. 

I only balk at the price, but the unit is way cool.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 64 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 132 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 658 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 433 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 758 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,792 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.