Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s/o SH and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!)
RE: s/o Sleepyhead and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!)
Here's a picture of SleepyHead with the pulse / oxygen graphs automatically added (you don't need to do a thing with sleepyhead - they are automatically included during the data import - the only thing you need to do is rearrange the order of the graphs if you don't like where they appear - I've placed mine near the bottom)...

[attachment=3970]

Sorry about the size - I apparently only have 200kb of attachment size allocated which doesn't allow for a picture of any size - just save the image and blow it up if you'd like to see to see how the graphics look - basically like any other sleepyhead graph...
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh - as a disclaimer the pictures of the oximetry kit were taken from the internet - better lighting than my home and easier to see everything against a white background... No copyright infringement was meant - just that the pictures speak 1,000 words and it was easier to use someone else's general photo of the four components instead of trying to take everything apart to create the same image...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 05:49 PM)VisitorX Wrote: Thanks, Bill. I'm considering it, though as everyone agrees, it would be nice if the price was different.

Check with Kevin Cooper Vendor #19 and you will be pleasantly surprised. He is my go to guy on pulse-ox units and I have both the CMS 50F and the entire ResMed Kit.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I am looking at the RESMED pulse oximeter and am finding that there is little written about how the device works with the RESMED S10 and RESCAN software. Obviously it collects data and intuitively one should be able to download the data. The users manual doesn't shed any light on the issue. Ideally the pulse oximeter module should dump the information into the SD card and should appear on the reports.

Question: Does anyone know how this all works?

I would like to know how it works before I spend the $200 +/- for the pulse oximeter add on.

I am currently using a CONTEC CMS50EW pulse oximeter.

Regards,

Doug K
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2017, 07:56 PM)MAULE-N9008E Wrote: I am looking at the RESMED pulse oximeter and am finding that there is little written about how the device works with the RESMED S10 and RESCAN software. Obviously it collects data and intuitively one should be able to download the data. The users manual doesn't shed any light on the issue. Ideally the pulse oximeter module should dump the information into the SD card and should appear on the reports.

Question: Does anyone know how this all works?

I would like to know how it works before I spend the $200 +/- for the pulse oximeter add on.

I am currently using a CONTEC CMS50EW pulse oximeter.

Regards,

Doug K

I did an entire write-up on the ResMed Oximetry unit in the product reviews ...  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-10-SERIES

First, check with Kevin Cooper, Vendor #19, prior to purchase.

Second, there is little written about how either the adapter or the pulse-oximeter works. You plug the adapter into your S10 (bottom port under the SD card reader) and hook it to the Oximeter using the appropriate cables. Stick your finger in the probe, turn on the device, and it starts collecting data.

Third, the oximetry data is included on the SD card and is transferred with your sleep data to both ResMed's ResScan and Sleepyhead. There is no independent software involved.

Fourth, the adapter IS NOT A PULSE OXIMETER -- ONLY THE INTERFACE BETWEEN A SPECIFIC PULSE-OX UNIT AND THE S10 DEVICE. $200 is just the buy-in cost. You need to purchase the pulse-ox and cables. Or purchase the whole shebang as a kit.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Thanks for the response. I have a friend who is just getting his RESMED S10 with pulse oximeter (I don't have the pulse oximeter attachment myself) that I was helping with the RESCAN setup. I was unsure how the captured data was displayed in the RESCAN report so I will have to look at his reports before I decide to purchase one. My CONTEC CMS50EW produces nice report and is affordable. There is an advantage to having all the data on one report which is why I am interested in the RESCAN pulse oximeter attachment. 

Thanks for pointing me to your write up and reference to a sales/go to expert.

Sad that a RESMED has chosen not to do a detailed write-up on the pulse oximeter attachment. 

DK
Post Reply Post Reply
New user found his way here looking for ox kits, when you say contact vendor #19 Kevin Cooper, how does that work? Did you contact him directly? I found their website, but can't find any of the required parts under the ox listing. Also can you give an idea of how much you paid for everything to hook directly into the Air Sense 10? I saw don saying he spent $350.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have taken no action since that exchange of posts, so I can't comment on the price; but I do recall the total price for the kit being roughly around the number you mentioned. For myself, I decided that it was worth it to buy the kit and get the Resmed machine. I have enough of a struggle using SleepyHead without oxygen, and if I need to manually mesh the oxygen with the machine I probably won't get it done. Re. Kevin, I just called and asked to speak with him. He was forthcoming and straightforward, and his knowledge seemed solid, though my recollection is that he did not have experience with or much knowledge about the Resmed set up.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you see a price of about $350 -- they are usually quoting the ResMed adapter which interfaces between the machine and the oximeter. What the rest of the gear consists of is the pulse oximeter itself (I use the NONIN 3012 LP - the LP stands for Low Power), the actual finger-tip sensor, and a clip to hold the cables together. You plug the fingertip probe into the oximeter, the oximeter into the adapter and the adapter into the device. I ordered an extra 3-foot extension cable for the fingertip probe because the distance between the machine on my nightstand and the far reaches of my king-size bed is more than 3-feet.

Again, I recommend vendor #19 from the supplier list (fourth entry on the black bar under the forum name) as being knowledgeable, great pricing, and great customer service. Ask for the owner, Kevin Cooper.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I concur with Steve that Kevin is an excellent and straight-up person to speak with and may be able to provide some useful perspective and information. However, I think the information Steve has provided gives only part of the story and provides just one way to approach this. I would recommend looking at this thread starting on page 2, which I have also linked to here--

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rks?page=2

--and focus on the detailed information provided by "donmeek." Find his first post, read back one or two posts by me or others to understand the context, and then read forward till you reach donmeeks' last post (there may just be a two or three in all). Though I did not follow-up at that time, I concluded that, in line with what donmeek wrote, that one can put the entire kit together oneself for much less than those selling complete "kits." There certainly is no harm and may be benefit to exploring that path and also speaking with Kevin, but when I looked into this some time back I concluded that working independently was the best and least expensive way to go.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 316 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,562 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,100 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 151 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 193 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 261 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 784 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.