Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s'ware for Dream Station S/T DSX1030??
s'ware for Dream Station S/T DSX1030??
My original Dream Station DSX700 biPAP just got swapped out for an S/T machine = DSX1030.

This change broke:
1.) Bluetooth connection to DreamMapper app
2.) Sleepyhead software.

Does anyone have fixes for either or suggested other software?

It feels very strange to fly (sleep) blind, so to speak.

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s'ware for Dream Station S/T DSX1030??
I believe that you are locked into Encore Pro for software at this time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In one of my first posts to you, I predicted you would do much better on ASV. Did you have a contraindication for ASV that resulted in you getting the ST? http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid227304

I don't understand why so many members are being prescribed this machine that really misses the mark for complex apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 11:13 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I believe that you are locked into Encore Pro for software at this time.

Did I forget to mention that I'm a Mac OS user???
As I recall, Encore Pro is Windows only......but thanks for the suggestion.
I might end with a VM running Windows....but not just yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 11:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In one of my first posts to you, I predicted you would do much better on ASV.  Did you have a contraindication for ASV that resulted in you getting the ST? http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid227304

I don't understand why so many members are being prescribed this machine that really misses the mark for complex apnea.
You've been at this longer than I have, Sleeprider. I'm still confused as well. Why is ST pushed more than an ASV when ASV is clearly the better answer is central/mixed cases? My path was bad enough, but to have detoured onto ST would have been a disaster.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 11:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In one of my first posts to you, I predicted you would do much better on ASV.  Did you have a contraindication for ASV that resulted in you getting the ST? http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid227304

Hi Sleeprider!!

I haven't forgotten.
I actually thought that I would get a ResMed ASV device.....bec/ my sleep doc seem to indicate a ResMed machine.
But, I also think he provided a rationale for why S/T was exactly what I needed.

I'll touch base with him again to clarify, based on your nudge.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 11:35 AM)rbookman Wrote:

Hi Sleeprider!!

I haven't forgotten.
I actually thought that I would get a ResMed ASV device.....bec/ my sleep doc seem to indicate a ResMed machine.
But, I also think he provided a rationale for why S/T was exactly what I needed.

I'll touch base with him again to clarify, based on your nudge.

Thanks!

You are the best judge of whether it is working. If you are comfortable and feel rested, that's all anyone can ask; but generally ASV provides the pressure support when needed, as needed rather than all the time.  For years it has been the preferred therapy for central and complex apnea, but now I'm seeing a remarkable increase in ST being used.  ST is intended for the treatment of restrictive pulmonary conditions, hypoventilation and low volume.  I just don't get it.  Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
rbookman,

My sincere best wishes that whatever device you end up with, it will provide the most comfortable sleep you can get. YOUR comfort is to be the goal, not what the doc, insurance, DME thinks is best IMO. Just something to keep in mind, that's all.

Note that I sincerely also support and use an ASV with COPD stage 2-3. And I did pass the heart echo test.

Dave

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 953 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  Dream Station 2 and oscar Pweber88 5 720 09-12-2022, 06:34 AM
Last Post: querist
  EncorePro 2.24 - Dream Station 2 Data Files Steve Dever 3 1,097 11-09-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Steve Dever
  Dream mapper blue tooth stopped working Kathylee 10 27,873 02-10-2020, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Mac Daddy
  Cannot display Dream Station APAP waveform plots with OSCAR mjrPdqkLguUgGLE 1 923 01-05-2020, 10:06 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR not working with Dream station BPAP AutoSV kenf 6 1,322 11-27-2019, 09:30 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Dream mapper login problem kodungookaran 7 7,139 12-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: tkramer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.