Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s10 SD card
s10 SD card
hi, just got the new Resmed s10. inserted the card for downloading the data into sleepyhead as I did with my older s9, but it would not download the data.(I did lock the card). any help would be appreciated. thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s10 SD card
Are you using Windows, Mac, or Linux?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not up to speed on these issues. But, I'll take a stab. Perhaps your user profile in SH is tied to your machine's serial number which is on the SD card.
You might have to create a new user profile. Just a guess. You might ask the question in the software forum... Or, ask a moderator to move this thread to that forum. (I do not have that ability.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 01:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Are you using Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Windows
Post Reply Post Reply
Three thoughts here. . .
1. Try looking at the SD card using Windows Explorer. Make sure that you are able to see the files and directories on the card.

2. Look at the drive letter that this SD card uses. Is it the same as your S9's card? If they're different, you will need to update SleepyHead. (File->Change Data Folder)

3. A way around this in the future is to create a directory(folder) on your PC's hard drive. Name it something you can associate to the CPAP's data (CPAPData). Copy the contents of the SD card to theis directory. You will then point SH to this directory and not have to worry about a drive letter changing. This also makes for a good backup for your data if your SD card goes south.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 01:41 PM)justMongo Wrote: I am not up to speed on these issues. But, I'll take a stab. Perhaps your user profile in SH is tied to your machine's serial number which is on the SD card.
You might have to create a new user profile. Just a guess. You might ask the question in the software forum... Or, ask a moderator to move this thread to that forum. (I do not have that ability.)

SleepyHead doesn't tie the profile to a particular machine serial number.

(04-18-2016, 01:35 PM)ppowers Wrote: hi, just got the new Resmed s10. inserted the card for downloading the data into sleepyhead as I did with my older s9, but it would not download the data.(I did lock the card). any help would be appreciated. thanks

Locking or unlocking the card won't matter to SleepyHead. It also won't matter to your A10 machine if you leave the card unlocked all the time. Only the S9 machines have problems with that.

Be sure the card IS unlocked when you put it in your CPAP machine. It's easy to get the switch in the wrong position.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
what *version* of sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 04:41 PM)archangle Wrote: Locking or unlocking the card won't matter to SleepyHead. It also won't matter to your A10 machine if you leave the card unlocked all the time. Only the S9 machines have problems with that.
I realize he says he has Windows -- but beware that a Mac frequently puts invisible files on the SD card, which many machines object to. Isn't it still a good idea to continue to advise people to err on the side of caution, and always lock the card before it touches their computer? That way they don't have to stop and ask whether they have a PC or a Mac, or an XPAP machine which cares about it.

Post Reply Post Reply
The SleepyHead wiki says that only the ResMed S9 is supported. Is the A10 now supported too? (I have a model 10 in my future, once the DME comes through)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 09:49 PM)Sn00zeAlarm Wrote: The SleepyHead wiki says that only the ResMed S9 is supported. Is the A10 now supported too? (I have a model 10 in my future, once the DME comes through)

Yes, SH 1.0.0.-Beta will support the A10 Airsense and the Aircurve. Use the link at the top of the page to download the latest version.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 675 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 590 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,363 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,597 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.