Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need cheap oximetry kit for aircurve 10 vauto
need cheap oximetry kit for aircurve 10 vauto
Hello all, I'm looking for a reasonably priced oximetry kit for my new aircurve 10 vauto, been on bipap since 2014, I'm permanently disabled from work related injury to my lungs, I was a welder for 15 years, welded on painted old steel, paint fumes breathed were lead, zinc, and many other chemicals, exposure to asbestos for years, I'm 58 years old, I have copd and I know my 02 saturation gets down to 84%, I'd like to get an oximetry kit and the best software to use with my bipap, I may need to titrate oxygen to my bipap at night, but I need the proof to show my pulmonologist, I'm on permanent social security disability and I live check to check, I would be very appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction to purchase an oximetry kit way less than the 1000 dollars the online retailers want, please help and thanks to you all, Shelby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need cheap oximetry kit for aircurve 10 vauto
Welcome to the Apnea Board,

To monitor your BPAP usage, get the free report tool OSCAR. It will show you all that you need to know about your therapy that's related to Apnea. A bonus is it can import pulse oximeter info as well.

The lesser expensive CMS 50F is probably OK for your needs. It's under $100 in most cases, and looks like a digital watch. It will record overnight, an important feature. With the free app on your PC, you'll see the oximeter data and then can also upload that to OSCAR, giving you both PAP and pulse oximeter info on a single screen.

Having COPD also, I'm aware sometimes lower level PAP's might be the lesser effective choice. It's preferable to post your OSCAR data for feedback here. This would be a good idea regardless of COPD, just to check your Apnea therapy effectiveness. COPD may elevate your PAP therapy needs above VAuto so there's this aspect as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This might help:
Here is a link to a recent discussion on oximeters that work with OSCAR.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid418845
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2021, 05:46 AM)captcavy Wrote: Hello all, I'm looking for a reasonably priced oximetry kit for my new aircurve 10 vauto

The only "kit" that can connect directly to your machine and take real time data , is the Resmed oximetry kit plus the finger sensor that comes at a ridiculous $990 price tag and there are no 'used' ones on ebay, either.
That said, you have many alternatives but with all these cheap alternatives you have to "import" their data into Oscar manually.
Here's a good one by Wellue. They call it O2Ring Oxygen Monitor. Its easy to wear and easy to use its data for Oscar:

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a cms50F and it works fine and can be run on a separate program for it that you can print or it can be imported to OSCAR. I’m on O2 all the time and this is a cheap way to give information to your Dr. around 100 to 125.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all of you for replying, I really appreciate all of your help, will the Wellue Checkme O2 Max Bluetooth wrist heart rate and sp02 recorder and monitor, has four 10 hour recording slots with a 72 hour runtime, will this work with Oscar? can the sp02 recorder data be merged or imported into Oscar from the data stored on my sd card in my resmed aircurve 10 vauto, I will be doing this on a Windows 10 PC, also can I sync the time and date of the sp02 recorder to my PC to get a perfect merge to my bipap data, will I need any other software to pull the data from the sp02 recorder? Also can anyone tell me what is the biggest sd card I can put in my aircurve 10 vauto machine? 32gb, 64gb or 128gb, Thank you all for your knowledge and your replies, Shelby
Post Reply Post Reply
For the Wellue you will need to use the free software on their website (O2 Insight Pro). It will connect to your oximeter via bluetooth and download the data. Then you can import that data into OSCAR. They also have a smartphone app that works and you can export the binary file to you computer which oscar can then import.
The Checkme O2 Max looks like the big brother to the SleepU I have. But I can't say with complete certainty if Checkme uses the same data format as the SleepU. Someone else might be able to answer that one.

Yes, you can set the time on the oximeter using the O2 Insight Pro software.

For the SD card, 32gb or less.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,516 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 472 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.