Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s8 resmed autoset spirit 2,data loss
s8 resmed autoset spirit 2,data loss
hi,i have recently aquired a resmed s8 autoset spirit 2 machine with only 50 hours on it and it is fantastic with smart start. bought as travel machine but so much better than my s9 escape that i want to use it all the time. in the clinical menu under results, it shows Pressure and AHI and AI an HI efficacy values for one night or week or six months or year. great i thought my pressure was lower than my s9cpap is set to and AI was 0, i can show them at the sleep clinic. today i unplugged the machine to move it to a different room and all the efficacy data has gone from the machine. help!. the machine as a rescan card with it which i inserted and it said copy complete. if anyone has experience of this machine please give me some advice. many thanks. ged
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s8 resmed autoset spirit 2,data loss
Welcome

I suspect that your "new" machine has a dead internal battery, which most likely is a button cell. They are cheap and easy to replace--if you know how to take the machine apart. Of course, that's a big "if." I have no idea how to get it apart without damaging it. Actually replacing it would require seeking the assistance of a DME to send it back to ResMed for repair, likely costing more than you paid for the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did it lose the internal clock time while disconnected? If not, then perhaps not the button cell.
Year of manufacture is in the 3rd and 4th digit of the serial number.
That battery should be good for 10 years.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ged1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with getting your S8 straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 01:32 PM)ged1 Wrote: today i unplugged the machine to move it to a different room and all the efficacy data has gone from the machine. help!.
I guess the S8 is same as the S9, you need to check daily data before noon, otherwise will shows no data on the screen
You can download the data from the smart card on your computer but you will need resmed smart card reader

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 04:32 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-01-2014, 01:32 PM)ged1 Wrote: today i unplugged the machine to move it to a different room and all the efficacy data has gone from the machine. help!.
I guess the S8 is same as the S9, you need to check daily data before noon, otherwise will shows no data on the screen
You can download the data from the smart card on your computer but you will need resmed smart card reader

I can confirm that having had an S8 (the noon reset of data.) The reader for the S8 is difficult to find these days. I have one that I got shipped from Israel.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. It is quite right the daily efficacy data does reset at at noon, and was giving a 'no data' message. In the clinical menu there are markers for day , month, six months and one year for the efficacy data which I found a bit puzzling . I selected the 'week option' and there was the median data for the past week. The reason I had not been able to see this before was that I have only been using the machine less than a week and so obviously there was no week data until today which was one week of use. I had also reset the data and done a factory reset when I had a problem with the auto start function. So that explains it. The data is still there after unplugging the machine so problem done with and I can take it along to my next appointment. What a muppet!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 5 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 157 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 249 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.