Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s9 beeping .. no errors on display.. no luck searching for an answer
Question 
s9 beeping .. no errors on display.. no luck searching for an answer
hi all

my resmed s9 is beeping 3 beeps. this occurs aproximatly every 5 min. there is no indication of on the screen, even if i press the information button. The machine seams to be working.

i have:

unplugged, wated 5 sec and replugged yhe power from the back of the unit

cleaned the air filter

reseated the humidifier chamber.

called the health care place. They arnt helpfull at all (a seperate issue, dont get me started....)

i'm using a standard hose so nothing to reseat there. iv searched google and this fourum, no answers specific to my machine and issue. please help, im at my wits emd!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s9 beeping .. no errors on display.. no luck searching for an answer
(10-23-2013, 09:43 AM)mwbritt Wrote: hi all

my resmed s9 is beeping 3 beeps. this occurs aproximatly every 5 min. there is no indication of on the screen, even if i press the information button. The machine seams to be working.

i have:

unplugged, wated 5 sec and replugged yhe power from the back of the unit

cleaned the air filter

reseated the humidifier chamber.

called the health care place. They arnt helpfull at all (a seperate issue, dont get me started....)

i'm using a standard hose so nothing to reseat there. iv searched google and this fourum, no answers specific to my machine and issue. please help, im at my wits emd!

I don't know why this is happening. I have used S9 since April 2011 and haven't had this happen to me. Your DME isn't Apria is it? If it is still under warranty, I would take it to the DME (I know, I know) and ask for a new one. I had trouble with a previous DME and took my machine to another one and Resmed told them to send my old one in and to replace it with one from their stock and Resmed would take care of this.

Wish I had better advice for you. Maybe someone else will. Sorry you are having this issue. Welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
MW: Your alam setting is set to on....I think this setting is under your "reminders"....So be sure and check that out.

Hope this helps.

LOVEDOG
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for both of your quick responses to my problem. I just got up from a short nap. Now it isnt beeping any longer. Ill check that alarm theory. thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know if it was an alarm setting or whatever.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mwbritt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you find out why your machine is beeping, as I know that must be terribly distracting. I've never had my Resmed machine do that.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,
Thanks for all of the rrsponces. I had finnally succumb to the desire for sleep. After a pre-nightly sleep nap the thing stoped beeping. I'll just leave like that since I dont feel loike taking it to the center. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: S9 autoset beeping Problem Solved by jbernardk
Problem Solved! When we set up the new machine we cleaned off the nightstand and dusted everything. I have a little projection clock on the table that has an alarm I don't use. Well, when moving the clock we must have pressed the alarm button because it was on. So there is the source of the beeps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 103 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,382 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 172 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Greeting and biography for searching tpstinson72 2 183 02-03-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: tpstinson72
  UARS/FL (PLMS): Yellow/R Lights For So Many Lingering Folks_“Is Bilevel the Answer?" mper6794 107 16,329 06-22-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  Searching for successful treatment of PLMD Sleepcycle 2 571 05-24-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: sttebr
  Airsense 11 beeping?? Apneastricken 11 4,670 05-23-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: smalone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.