Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s9 escape AHI value
s9 escape AHI value
I got s9 escape auto unfortunately and stuck up with it.The sleep quality read out gives AHI value which varies between 0.6 to0.3. Is it a correct read out? My pr range is set from 4-12 and most of the time it goes to11 which is prescribed value. Can anybody tell if AHI read out is correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s9 escape AHI value
As far as I know the ResMed S9 Escape doesn't measure AHI. It doesn't have the necessary hardware, like a flow rate meter, or probably even a pressure sensor. It's what we call a brick. See if they'll let you exchange it for the ResMed S9 Elite, or better yet, the S9 Autoset.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also don't believe the escape has a pr min and max. That sounds more like settings on a VPAP auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the ResMed S9 AutoSet, my AHI numbers have been from 0.2 to 2.6, so I don't think your numbers sound out of line, just really good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi satpathypk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, at some point, you can get a data-capable machine so you can keep track of your progress.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
OP has S9 Escape Auto ... S9 Escape Auto can be used in either CPAP or APAP modes. Enhanced AutoSet algorthim (central apnea detection) only available in S9 AutoSet
S9 Escape Auto does shows usage and AHI but no breakdown of apnea events and none of the other features such as, leak, mask fit, SmartStart, and detailed data on the card

satpathypk - AHI 0.3/0.6 is excellent, almost perfect but without leak data and detailed data graphs, one cannot make proper assessment but rely on sleep quality and how you feel

Post Reply Post Reply
What zonk said. That's a good AHI but without further data, you're stuck with that and going by how you feel.

And I thought the Escape Auto was an auto for just a short time then went brick? Or is it just you can only change it for a certain time frame then it locks?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,

My first machine was an Escape Auto and they are fully Auto capable machines, but as Zonk mentioned, no Central detection. They give AHI, but no break-down and no other data (other than compliance). They do have EPR, but not really any of the other bells and whistles.

I think the machines that have Auto for a while and then lock up unless you re-set them are one of the model variations by PR - but I'm not sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks everybody for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2013, 02:23 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And I thought the Escape Auto was an auto for just a short time then went brick? Or is it just you can only change it for a certain time frame then it locks?

I think there's a Respironics machine that behaves that way.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 432 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info jas32 5 1,003 10-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: jas32
  [CPAP] ResMed S9 Escape Auto - Setting issue vale94 4 1,159 06-11-2020, 05:15 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] resmed s8 escape kennybleep 4 1,041 01-13-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Hoping to Escape Insopita 23 2,842 05-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Switch repair on Resmed S8 Escape II Images MRIBOB 8 13,486 04-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Rockethound

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.