Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed autoset h5i humidifier settings
Resmed autoset h5i humidifier settings
I do not yet have a climate line hose to use with my h5i humidifier (backordered). As such, can anyone help me understand what the difference between humidifier settings of manual & auto are with just a slimline hose? Both settings allow me to set the humidity control between 0-6, is there a difference I am missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed autoset h5i humidifier settings
Hi bavinck, welcome aboard
The auto and manual mode options are only available when ClimateLine (heated hose) attached
Auto and manual modes explained http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

You can use either standard hose or SlimLine hose (15mm), just select the type of hose as shown page 8, adjusting humidity level page 6
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 01:07 AM)zonk Wrote: Hi bavinck, welcome aboard

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be hereSmile

Thank you so much for the links! I had a pr1 during a home titration I just finished, I found a humidity of 4 on that machine to work for me (albeit lots of rainout). Any idea what the equivalent setting on my s9 might be?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 01:16 AM)bavinck Wrote: I found a humidity of 4 on that machine to work for me (albeit lots of rainout). Any idea what the equivalent setting on my s9 might be?
I have not used PR System One. I use ClimateLIne on auto mode, on auto protects against rainout. While waiting for the ClimateLine, try the middle setting of 3 and see how you get on, adjust upward if you need more moisture or downward if you need less moisture or/and in case of rainout
Placing the machine slightly lower than bed level, covering the hose undr bed cover or get hose cover. You can make hose cover to insulate the hose from flannelette material or something similar and some improvise join old socks (cutting toes end) together
Post Reply Post Reply
Do most users of the S9/H5i use the preheat feature? I find warm, moist air is oppressive especially if it starts up that way. I also wonder why the screen turns orange/yellow when I start the machine. Does that indicate that it is heating. I usually push the knob to return the screen to it's usual blue and white appearance. Am I defeating a needed function? I asked this in another thread but got no reply. Hopefully, I'm not testing your patience.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2014, 01:01 PM)JimZZZ Wrote: Do most users of the S9/H5i use the preheat feature? I find warm, moist air is oppressive especially if it starts up that way. I also wonder why the screen turns orange/yellow when I start the machine. Does that indicate that it is heating. I usually push the knob to return the screen to it's usual blue and white appearance. Am I defeating a needed function? I asked this in another thread but got no reply. Hopefully, I'm not testing your patience.

I don't use the preheat feature so when I turn my machine on at night, I did notice the color change but never thought twice about it. Hopefully, someone can answer your other question.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2014, 01:01 PM)JimZZZ Wrote: Do most users of the S9/H5i use the preheat feature? I find warm, moist air is oppressive especially if it starts up that way. I also wonder why the screen turns orange/yellow when I start the machine. Does that indicate that it is heating. I usually push the knob to return the screen to it's usual blue and white appearance. Am I defeating a needed function? I asked this in another thread but got no reply. Hopefully, I'm not testing your patience.

Hi Jimzzz - you're not trying our patience. We have infinite patience :grin:

The orange screen colour is an indication that the machine is waiting for you to change or confirm a setting. It doesn't happen all the time for me, but when it does it's usually waiting for me to confirm the humidifier temperature. Check what it's set to, make any necessary adjustment and click on the push dial when you're happy.

I like having the slightly warmer air. I have my humidifier temperature set to 27, which is a very comfortable temperature for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,436 11 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 63 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,979 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 370 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 264 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 133 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.