Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sanitizing machines for CPAP machines
sanitizing machines for CPAP machines
Is clean zone... (the small unit) just as good as so clean (big unit) ?
RE: sanitizing machines for CPAP machines
Neither are required save you money and wash with soap and water
Dawn and warm water are far less expensive. Consider it the DawnOmatic cleaner. Relax to a nice cuppa coffee while the parts are soaking.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
that's what I do.... but just curious after battling nasal congestion. For awhile I was stopped up while on the machine, then it stopped....after I jacked up the humidifier... then it started up again, I took sudafed yesterday at noon and been clear ever since. Wondering if the pollen count is dropping.
You're probably aware, but there's several aspects to get set for yourself in your individual optimized way. The CPAP machine therapy settings are one, the comfort settings are another, masks are yet another. How to clean your stuff, beds, mattresses, pillows, sleep hygiene, diet, medications, allergies, and probably more. Each one has to handle these as best seen fit.

If you think you want or need one of these cleaner machines, it is your choice. Just be aware that these products offer limited and questionable results and may not be approved for use as advertised. And if used improperly, these can make you sick and may void factory warranties.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
From what I've read and seen most people get respiratory infections due to not cleaning their humidifier regularly. Warm water and dish soap will do the job well enough. Also, I'd suggest an unscented dish soap like the seventh generation brand. Cleaning the mask is more about getting facial oil and Gunk off of it more than killing bacteria.
(05-12-2020, 04:08 PM)redlegs Wrote: From what I've read and seen most people get respiratory infections due to not cleaning their humidifier regularly. Warm water and dish soap will do the job well enough. Also, I'd suggest an unscented dish soap like the seventh generation brand. Cleaning the mask is not about getting facial oil and Gunk off of it more than killing bacteria.

I clean out my gear every week with warm to hot water.... with anti bacterial dish soap. Scented doesn't bother me at all.

I also clean my P30i pillow every day with the humidifier tank.

I like you Indian avatar better !
(05-12-2020, 03:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: You're probably aware, but there's several aspects to get set for yourself in your individual optimized way. The CPAP machine therapy settings are one, the comfort settings are another, masks are yet another. How to clean your stuff, beds, mattresses, pillows, sleep hygiene, diet, medications, allergies, and probably more. Each one has to handle these as best seen fit.

If you think you want or need one of these cleaner machines, it is your choice. Just be aware that these products offer limited and questionable results and may not be approved for use as advertised. And if used improperly, these can make you sick and may void factory warranties.

Dude I am with you... on that ! questionable results. You really can't see what it does.. #1... at least when you do it in the sink.. I wash the sink first, and then agitate, and wipe what I can. And #2 ..With the machine, who's to say it's really clean.... especially if you don't really know if /when it breaks down, and you THINK everythings clean??

I hear ya loud and clear ! 

Didn't know what was involved... with how they clean.. I watched the video AFTER I posted this thread. Oh-jeez DOH !

BTW..... I'm off the grid for a spell for PM's.... so can you shoot me your email? Once I'm up and running post wise I 'll keep it here !
I recently bought the Respify system and like it. It uses ozone like Soclean, but the difference is, you place your hose and humidifier tray (and mask if you want) into a soft bag with the small ozone cleaner and set it on your porch or elsewhere and let it work. Ozone doesn't run through your machine or mask--unless you choose to have it do so.

I empty my humidifiier tray and dry it and still found orange gunk growing in it. I never got this during the 13 or so years that I used a Soclean.

I like the new Respify system. It's pretty cheap to.

At the moment, I simply hand wash my mask and run my machine through the Respify once every two weeks or so.
Good to know Hegal. Thank you !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 678 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 501 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,179 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,023 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 753 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.