Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

saving data for later import into SleepyHead
saving data for later import into SleepyHead
I've been using SleepyHead to track data from my rental machine (and it is fantastic Smile thanks JediMark) I got my AirSense 10 AutoSet today and I don't want to loose the detailed data between now and when the next version of SH is released.

If I create a folder on my laptop and copy the data from the SD card will I be able to easily import it from there into SH when the next version is released? How frequently should I copy the SD card data over, daily, weekly? Is this the easiest/best option or is there a better way?

TIA

Crist
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: saving data for later import into SleepyHead
(09-08-2014, 05:00 AM)Crist Wrote: I've been using SleepyHead to track data from my rental machine (and it is fantastic Smile thanks JediMark) I got my AirSense 10 AutoSet today and I don't want to loose the detailed data between now and when the next version of SH is released.

If I create a folder on my laptop and copy the data from the SD card will I be able to easily import it from there into SH when the next version is released? How frequently should I copy the SD card data over, daily, weekly? Is this the easiest/best option or is there a better way?

TIA

Crist

G'day Crist

Yes, what you propose will work fine. You can configure SleepyHead to import data from any nominated folder or direct from the SD card. You should download at least weekly if you want to keep the high resolution flow data. For some reason the Resmed machines over-write this data after seven days.

Congrats on getting an S10!

Post Reply Post Reply
You can also download ResScan so you don't loose any detailed data
ResScan windows only, does not work with Mac computers

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2014, 07:04 AM)zonk Wrote: You can also download ResScan so you don't loose any detailed data

You still need to save the data weekly. I believe ResScan saves the data in a different format which isn't the same as the data on the card and can't be read by SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2014, 07:04 AM)zonk Wrote: You can also download ResScan so you don't loose any detailed data

Thanks Zonk, I'm holding out for SH, we are an all Mac household and Macs at work too Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2014, 05:00 AM)Crist Wrote: . . .
. . .

Hi Crist,
I use both ResScan and Sleepyhead, and I prefer Sleepyhead for the easy manipulation and view of the graphs.

I use just such a procedure as you suggested to preserve images of the SD card, and I have successfully downloaded the data to both programs. A few months ago, my Win7 notebook had to go in for hardware service. While it was gone, I used a backup Win7 computer. When my original machine was returned, I had several weeks of data to download to bring both ResScan and SH current. SH was simple - just point to the directories in turn, and do the import. ResScan was a little more trouble - it forced me to copy the SD card images back to a scratch SD card, and import from there, but it worked.

As a Windows user, I can't suggest details of how to structure your data, but in my experience, setting up a structure where the relevant date was in the directory name, and copying the entire SD card to a directory for each day has worked well.

As to the download schedule, currently, I am looking at the data daily. I may back off of that after while, but for now, I look every day. Some have suggested that there is not much value in the detailed data after a short while. I feel that if I decide to review the data for some new issue well after the fact, I want that data to be available. For example, there are some threads discussing Flow Limitations and RERA events, where looking back at old data may be of some value. My S9 Autoset is known to overwrite the detailed data on the SD card after 1 week, so the minimum I will ever download is weekly. If I back off of the daily schedule, I'll probably just go to twice weekly. That way, if I miss a download, data won't be lost.

I'm not sure we know yet if the Airsense 10 Autoset overwrites on the same schedule as the S9 Autoset, but if we don't, I'm sure we will know very soon. Then you can judge what download schedule you wish to use.

Good luck, and all the best on your CPAP journey.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Type of data .............................................. ....................... Sessions stored
Summary data (compliance data)...................................................... 365
Detailed data/High resolution flow and pressure data capacity ..........Limited by usage and SD card storage

The above info from A10 clinical manual, the info is not as clear and concise as the S9 manual info
What "Limited by usage and SD card storage" suppose to mean?

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2014, 04:14 AM)zonk Wrote: Type of data .............................................. ....................... Sessions stored
Summary data (compliance data)...................................................... 365
Detailed data/High resolution flow and pressure data capacity ..........Limited by usage and SD card storage

The above info from A10 clinical manual, the info is not as clear and concise as the S9 manual info
What "Limited by usage and SD card storage" suppose to mean?

I'd take that to mean it will keep going until the card is full. A worthwhile change if that is indeed what it means!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 524 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Equipment] OSCAR and ResMed oximeter data import Filbert 2 780 08-01-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR? arborgent 9 1,859 01-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 726 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  How do I import data into OSCAR? trinity2 6 1,896 11-21-2022, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.