Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

scary apnea symptoms and overwhelmed with data
RE: scary apnea symptoms and overwhelmed with data
BTW -- which model S9 do you have -- should say near the start button: Autoset, elite, VPAP Auto, et cetera.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there,
I have an Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You all for responses.

I just followed up with my DR. My doctor feels that the CA's reported are false positives, he really is not looking at anything but the statistics. He stated I have a low arousal threshhold. And prescribed a medication at very low doses to see if it helps with my sleep quality.....it is called Tradzodone. I am willing, because I really want good sleep. He really is not that concerned with looking at the detailed data. That was a little disappointing..... So why even look at any of it ?? Humm... Just like Tyroneshoes suggested the CA's may not be real CA"S . Thank you for saying that because I was getting a little obsessed with looking at data and flags .Bug-eyed I dont need added stress or worry. I can go with it. And I can see the reasoning for the false positives.

I am grateful Evie1
Post Reply Post Reply
the only concern I have with the above is that you report the very real pain, wild heart beat, pounding chest.

if you had a overnight SpO2 monitor, it could record your heart rate and the level of oxygenation of your blood. I would be willing to bet you are having real CAs and the your nervous system is actually commanding you to halt! because it does not like what you are doing. I am going to guess that the SpO2 would be up in the 98-100% during that whole time.

So what's wrong with that? Shouldn't we all be striving for excellent O2 saturation? Actually, you may be clearing out more CO2 than your lungs feel is normal. The system could be backfiring because way down inside it expects some level of CO2, and sets the reaction in motion.

so if your a researching kind, google "NIH PEEP Central Apnea deep sleep CO2". NIH is a must so you weed out most of the social talk and blog sites, and direct to published studies.

sorry you are feeling this way, and I do agree with most of the responses that "you back off your pressure" to the 7 thru 11 or constant at 7, 8 or 9 level. And, personally, I don't feel you have a problem exhaling CO2, so EPR can be any 0, 1, 2, or 3.

please post an update. we are so pleased to see the results (even if we guessed wrong). :grin:

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 05:39 PM)Evie1 Wrote: I just followed up with my DR. My doctor feels that the CA's reported are false positives, he really is not looking at anything but the statistics.

Unless you're awake at the time the CA's happen, it's highly unlikely they're false positives. There's a SMALL chance they're obstructive, not central, but it's a small chance. It's a near certainty that you did actually stop breathing for the time indicated.

You really need to look at your data and see how long and how completely you stopped breathing. They may not be particularly harmful, but they're probably real.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
and wow, really? Tradzodone? side effects are not what I'd wish on you, already having sleep issues. Have you checked? google "Tradzodone side effects REM sleep delirium confusion dizziness".

get your charts, post your charts.

QAL

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi QAL and Archangle !

thank you for your recommendations !

Yes! you got that right! I reported real pain to the DR. . I know my body best. He said maybe the chest discomfort is ASTHMA ? really?? come on.... I told him I dont have asthma. ..I do have chronic rhinitis and some allergies.I told him I think it is the pressure changes. Hes not convinced.

I really believe this is Cpap and /or Apnea related.

My pressures are set to Auto at 7cm to 11 cm. Should I tighten that range?
OR
Do you think I should go straight CPAP to 7.5 and gradually move it up ?? to my 95% pressure which lingering around 8.9 to 9.2cm? OR to my median 7.5 cm. I felt really really bad at 7 cm straight CPAP.
Thats really when I had way more choking sensation when waking and I had neck spasms upon waking which have mysteriously disappeared when I started on the Auto settings .
The CA's length range is 11 to 23 sec long. Occasionally a 28 sec CA .
I have considered getting an SPO2 monitor. I have to research it.
But, forgive me. Im confused about the CO2 clearing stuff. And Dont u want 98 to 100% saturation? or more like 100 %. Im gonna read what you recommended and keep you posted. And post a graph soon.
Thanks again, Evie1
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 08:19 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: and wow, really? Tradzodone? side effects are not what I'd wish on you, already having sleep issues. Have you checked? google "Tradzodone side effects REM sleep delirium confusion dizziness".

get your charts, post your charts.

QAL

Oh boy! I have not looked yet. I am always unsure about the Dr. who wants to pump meds. And I dont react well to meds. He said it is good for REM sleep. He was gonna push the AMBIEN but I started to sleep walk on that! and that is not good for sleep quality too.
Thanks QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
we are here to help you. so, first of all relax, it does take getting used to a brand new situation. your score tonight will likely be better in many respects.

here is a chart of a 2 hr chunk of my sleep a few nights ago. This is not unusual for me. I don't have the symptoms you have, but anxiety may be a root of your difficulties.

[Image: TXpLbbt.png]

You will see that I have an AHI (at the top of the flow graph) of 7.4. that is the number of events during the 2 hours period divided by 2 hours. My AHI for the night was 3.0.

You can see my events all clumped up. If you look closely at the time during the clump up (about 4:30), you can see that my SpO2 level fluctuates between 93% and 98%, and I was as happy as a clam.

here is a close up ->

[Image: TaCy96R.png]

is it ideal? no. But, it works. Did you notice that in this band of time, the AHI was 25.5!

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Evie1, welcome,
I suggest you try staying off your back ,to see if that makes any difference in any way,if you don't already do so. That's something I have do , it's how I balance pressures, aerophagia and ahi.
Don't think I'd jump on the trazadone yet, especially if you are having centrals. Perhaps the pressures are at 7 or 8 because you're having CA .JMHO. You said you've struggled the whole time on Cpap, all the more reason to take a look at the detailed data.
All the best,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have developed a strong and scary dizziness Abrecaminos 7 221 Yesterday, 06:46 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 771 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 268 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 1,001 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 336 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 516 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  some improvement but still having symptoms her.suit 1 268 01-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.