Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

scc need to be changed?
scc need to be changed?
Hello
I have been using SCC since 4 months now and it seems to me that the foam is less resisting to chin tucking than before.
Do you guys change them on a regular basis? if yes, on which frequency?

thx

My model is Gibsud SSC
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: scc need to be changed?
I'm not that 'regular' about anything but in about 3 years I've had 4 collars and am due for a new one. they soften and curl, discolor with sweat and body oils, even with occasional washing. last night I used one I'd retired at least a year ago while current one was washed and drying. it worked fine so I don't know how much increased leaks, snores, obstructives that led me to retire older collars were actually due to a weakening collar or just part of some inherent variability in me and pap therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 319 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 357 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 390 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 334 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 381 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Symptoms] Only changed mask, fully aware during REM sleep phase? THEVGE 2 393 09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed Billmt 1 447 03-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.