Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

screaming meme.....sleepless in Yuma
RE: screaming meme.....sleepless in Yuma
PS you asked what settings. This includes therapy pressure settings and comfort settings. All settings available via the Clinician Menu need set for you. You can do this yourself with coaching from AB members after stating a symptom to address with an OSCAR chart to show data. If you've not gotten one yet, get your free copy of the machine clinical manual in the link at the top of the page. Search for your exact model of machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
how many hours?
Post Reply Post Reply
I try to use mine every night. For the most part, I do just that. But.....there are times when I just don't feel like messing with it, and I then skip a night. 

I never go two nights in a row w/o gearing up. If I did, I feel that would make it too easy to give up on it altogether. When I do take a night off, I sleep like a baby. Because of that, I see it as a treat. 

I'm not saying that what I do is or would be good for everyone. We each tolerate SA Therapy differently on an individual basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
for me, opposite of Big Guy. I use the machine for as many hours as I can manage every night & nap (my sleep has been very fragmented). I never sleep without the mask or I'd struggle to breathe all night, wake up even more often & feel like you-know-what the next day. of course I'd rather not be tethered to hose & machine, confined & chafed by the mask, hot & strangled by the soft cervical collar, but the effects of apnea are much worse. after years of debillitating symptoms, I'll do whatever it takes for a decent night's sleep to be reasonably functional during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have said.......Hang in there! 

It will get easier / better.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleepless Night Motomom 3 1,189 09-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Motomom
Sad Sleepless in Seattle GuppyDRV 39 6,481 08-23-2018, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  Did you watch? Sleepless in America DonC 12 3,967 11-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Last Post: jolycu
  Sleepless in America TyroneShoes 8 3,359 12-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  [News] “Sleepless in America” - National Geographic Special ApneaNews 1 3,424 11-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  Sleepless Partner Exhausted 9 5,876 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Peter_C

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.