Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

screen shot from ResMed software
screen shot from ResMed software
It is a jpg file in my Google Drive account. Thoughts? Questions?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYqouy...sp=sharing

I was able to install the Resmed software, get the data uploaded, and slightly tweak the range on the AHI/HI graphs. Still learning it, of course.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: screen shot from ResMed software
Here is the screenshot you linked:

[Image: mtyNUJgg77uIXOn8VJoVxUnoykR_B5rn8uQn4QoP...w1920-h906]

As best I can tell this is a long-term trend for AHI, and it's pretty bad. You need to download #Sleepyhead, then we can probably drill down and find some solutions to this. Without knowing the type of apnea being flagged, or its correlation with other therapy data, it's not possible to offer constructive comment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I am looking at it wrong, then. It is a chart of AHI starting Sept 1st. The AHI stays below 5 until the past week when it gets jumpy. But without further data, no clue why or whatever.

There's a lot of folks who prefer ResScan software but I could never figure it out. With SleepyHead, I had it working within just a few minutes. I used them both for I guess about 6 months then just used SH from then on.

Poke around in there and see if you can find a breakdown of what the events were for those days they are so high. What the flow rate was, pressure max/minimum, all that. Let's see that week that everything went bonkers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The answer is six!! Without seeing the data underlying a summary number, one cannot begin to make useful correlations with potentially causative factors.

I agree with those who suggested using #Sleepyhead rather than ResScan because Sleepyhead is not only more useful and user friendly, but can draw answers from a wider range of users.

ResScan is proprietary software was originally designed mainly for compliance reporting and limited diagnostics by trained professionals who run professional sleep labs, but whose results can be used and interpreted by a knowledgeable layman.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
The statistics tab or the detailed graphs will give the breakdown of events.
Looks like 18 October was a worst case day.

(Hmm -- that was a full moon with a grazing occultation of the star Aldebaran.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I missed the decimal, in the AHI, so not so bad but still prefer to see events correlated with other data to make it meaningful. I blame it on eye fatigue from watching the Seahawks tie the Cardinals in Sunday night football. Wink
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
*grump*
Apparently the machine was set for only compliance monitoring - Sleepyhead couldn't find any detailed info.
I'm reading over the info post on the machine to see if I can figure out what I need to adjust.

Post Reply Post Reply
aanndd this model doesn't do detailed info

*sigh*

Post Reply Post Reply
Beej,
You were given what we call a "brick", a machine that cannot give you any data.

May I suggest you call your doctor and tell him/her that you want a data capable auto cpap.
Have your doctor write a new script and call your DME/supplier and get that machine exchanged before too much time passes.

You have to live with this machine for at least five years.....how are you going to be able to track your progress?

If you went through insurance, know that they pay a supplier the same whether it is a cpap or apap.
The supplier saves money by giving you a "brick" instead of a data capable cpap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I called the SME supplier I used; they carry only the base AirSense 10 model and did not believe there were any firmware upgrades. I'll have to check around elsewhere.

I contacted a local vendor to Columbus, Ohio, USA, Columbus Medical Equipment. They don't post [rices but will send a quote if you fill out a form.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 368 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 332 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 464 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 574 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,018 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 632 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.