Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9...all of a sudden, no humidifier screen!
Surprised 
ResMed S9...all of a sudden, no humidifier screen!
So I've been doing the CPAP thing for almost a couple of years now, and blah blah, blah blah, it changed my life, blah blah blah. For the first year and a half I used an old and noisy (but extremely reliable) loaner that had almost none of the options that my present, less-than-1-year-old ResMed S9 had. But unfortunately, it seems as though my ResMed has now decided not to recognize my humidifier.

I have been dealing with morning dry mouth for a while now (a few weeks) and couldn't figure out why, seeing as how I had previously set the temperature and humidity to comfortable settings. I have a SlimLine, btw. As I was about to change my settings, I was surprised to see that I don't actually HAVE any settings. Just the house icon and the ramp icon. No humidity icon (as there is when I have my SlimLine detached) or temperature + humidity icon (as there is when my SlimLine is detached), just the home icon and the ramp icon.

Trust me, I've done everything I know how to do: detached and reattached the humidifier, detached and reattached the SlimLine, unplugged the CPAP and plugged it back in, and even went into Clinician mode to see if there was anything in there that looked "off."

So now, I'm just wondering if maybe my humidifier is shot. Any words of wisdom out there? I've got nothin'.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9...all of a sudden, no humidifier screen!
have you checked your water chamber to see if there's any water still in there in the morning when you wake up it could just be the weather or you could be sleeping with your mouth open that would cause the dry mouth issue. I really don't know what more to say about the humidifier issue but I would try again during the day to unplug your power brick and the cord on the back of your machine and leave it unplugged for 30 minutes or an hour and then plug it back in I'm sure that you will have other suggestions what you may look at I have no other thoughts
Post Reply Post Reply
By slimline, I think you mean climateline. The heated hose. (I think slimline just refers to the 15mm I.D. non-heated hose with 22mm ends.)

You have the house and ramp icons (no water drop) -- regardless of hose type, it does appear your blower unit does not recognize your humidifier.
In paragraph 4, it sounds like you've exhausted all the tricks.

It would be nice if you could borrow an H5i to see if it works with you blower unit. Buying a new H5i just to find there's an actual fault in the S9 unit that prevents it from recognizing the H5i would be wasted money.

ResMed has a 2 year warranty on both the S9 blower unit and humidifier. I think it's time to exercise it.
IIRC you have to work with ResMed through your supplier; and you'll need a loaner unit.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bataille23,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since your machine is less than a year old, it should still be under warranty.
Hopefully, you can take it to the place where you got it and get it fixed or exchange it.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 764 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 365 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 287 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.