Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] One year on and I still feel very tired and lethargic
RE: One year on and I still feel very tired and lethargic
Your Dr thinks anything under 5 is treated we like to get the AHI consistently under 2
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a thread going with screen shots from my Apex software - Sleeprider in particular has been very helpful with recommendations and I appreciate his/her time and effort. And I'm glad my AHI is down. But I would sure like to get rid of the daytime sleepiness and wake up feeling rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
how you feel is the best indicator of how effective your treatment is. no matter what your numbers say, if you aren't feeling rested after a year of therapy, it's time to beat the bushes for additional remedies. in many cases other machine modalities can help. other issues unrelated to pap should be ruled out or addressed as well.

over 19 months or so on apap I had an overall ahi of about 5-6 which doc thought good enough. after all that time I still felt hungover, lethargic and sleepy. it took some effort but now using a different modality machine that got ahi to well under 5 and often under 1. I feel much less hungover now but still lethargic and sleepy due to frequent awakenings / fragmented sleep. still working to try to resolve that problem.

easy for some. a long slog for others.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 233 7 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 48 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 69 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 94 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.