Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

secure airfit P10 against side sleeper?
RE: secure airfit P10 against side sleeper?
Thought I should report back.  I bought a heavy weight pillowcase. Commercial Link Removed.  Instead search Amazon for 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase.
It is somewhat slippery, and this has helped quite a bit with the pillow pulling on the straps, loosening the tension of the nasal pillows.  It isn't a 100% fix, but definitely helps.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice!!!!

Now, if only we could get rid of the cheek imprints! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
In this thread, https://tinyurl.com/y8yyxqqd , I made changes to my P10 headset which seemed to help me a lot. I am a side sleeper exclusively, and I have had no more leaks since changing the head gear. I also use the hose clips to keep the hose attached to side of the pillow and on the front of the shirt I am wearing, which I believe is half of the solution. Next mod is to make those additional straps adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use super soft down pillows, they work great for me.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I split the 2 straps. Put one of them to pass at the edge of where ears attach to the head, and tuck it under the bump at the back of the head (also called occipital protuberance). This provides stability for the mask.

The other strap can be moved forward towards the forehead to decrease tension on the mask pillows.

I sleep on my side and keep tossing from one side to another. I sleep on a memory foam contoured pillow. Most nights, my leaks are a straight line of zero.
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep my hair quite short. If it gets long enough to comb over I start having problems with my P10 slipping. Fortunately I have reach the age where I don't worry about trying to impress anyone with my personal appearance, so hair the length it was when I was at Fort Lewis in 1966 isn't a big deal.Smile
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2018, 01:38 AM)lifespeed Wrote: When I sleep on my side on an orthopedic sculpted foam pillow, head movement tugs on the straps.  This de-tensions the nasal pillows causing leaks.  Other P10 users must experience this also, how might I address this?

You could try bobby pins to affix the strap to your hair to prevent movement. Or wearing a grippy headband over it. Or that's my hope. I'm still looking for solutions to the same issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2018, 12:12 AM)Stom Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 01:38 AM)lifespeed Wrote: When I sleep on my side on an orthopedic sculpted foam pillow, head movement tugs on the straps.  This de-tensions the nasal pillows causing leaks.  Other P10 users must experience this also, how might I address this?

You could try bobby pins to affix the strap to your hair to prevent movement. Or wearing a grippy headband over it. Or that's my hope. I'm still looking for solutions to the same issue.

Some useres have had success with a slippy pillow e.g. Satin or Silk this will stop the straps being gripped by the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2018, 07:10 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Some useres have had success with a slippy pillow e.g. Satin or Silk this will stop the straps being gripped by the pillow.

Thanks. Definitely something for me to consider. I'm hoping to find something that will let me use a regular cotton pillowcase since I prefer that feel on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second the use of a buckwheat pillow. mine came w 'combed' cotton flannel-ish case. of course it can be covered with any case you like. w p10 strapped on pretty tight I am not aware of any mask leaks, just the occasional mouth leak as the c-collar gets softer and compresses with use. I can't completely rule out occasional mask leak in deep sleep when I'm oblivious but whatever the cause they're not very long and not often above the red line. buckwheat pillow works better for me than foam neck supporting pillow (I think it's an orthopedic sculpted or contoured pillow), foam regular pillow and feather regular pillow. buckwheat is highly adjustable in shape and firmness and it's easy to hang face and mask off pillow edge without appreciably nudging, pinching or shifting the mask assembly and straps - I sleep mostly on one side or the other; bad things happen on my back and any pillow is uncomfortable in stomach position.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,170 56 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.