Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

secure airfit P10 against side sleeper?
RE: secure airfit P10 against side sleeper?
Another buckwheat pillow user here. I like a firm pillow, which the buckwheat is. As stated above, it is easy to form to reduce pressure on the mask and will keep that shape through out the night.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a suggestion for those who are curious to try a different mask but none of these P10 modifications or pillow accessories are necessary with the Brevida mask from my experience. If you are frustrated with these constant P10 headaches give this mask a try. It is as quiet as the P10s and nearly as minimalist.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Both are good mask. IMO the brevida is a bit quieter (air diffuser) than the p10 ,better headgear adjustment (bars) & smoother on your nose (soreness). When my p10 headgear is done, I'm gone try to fix my brevida headgear on my p10 ,almost perfect pillow mask !

Bag-head    snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to try the Brevida but read somewhere it might have issues with facial hair?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2018, 02:39 PM)sheepless Wrote: I'd like to try the Brevida but read somewhere it might have issues with facial hair?

I've got a trimmed beard and mustache and can get an ok seal with the Brevida - I can also get some leaks from shifting in my sleep, though.

It only comes in two cushion sizes, which is fewer than I'd think it should have. With return "insurance" from vendor #1 I gave it a try and have been reasonably happy with it. Probably going to keep it. Better headgear than the P10, since the Brevida headgear is adjustable - though that is a low bar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,652 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,654 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,941 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 523 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,093 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 515 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.