Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

secure airfit P10 against side sleeper?
secure airfit P10 against side sleeper?
When I sleep on my side on an orthopedic sculpted foam pillow, head movement tugs on the straps.  This de-tensions the nasal pillows causing leaks.  Other P10 users must experience this also, how might I address this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: secure airfit P10 against side sleeper?
I use clips to secure the hose.  Usually clip the top part of the hose coming from the machine to the sheet right under my pillow, and another clip to my blanket or my night clothes.  

[attachment=7133]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I very much have this problem, but have not found a good solution. I hope to read some good suggestions in the comments here.

Fortunately I do pretty well sleeping on my back. So that's what I do, sleep on my back *all* the time. Once in a while (perhaps once a month) I just must have a change and so I sleep on my side for a few hours. Almost invariably those are the times that I get leaking. It's not bad enough to qualify as "large leak" (which would mean that the machine can't compensate). But it is bad enough to often wake me up from the noise of the rushing air.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only time I get leaking is when the bed pillow pushes on the mask. I need to stay towards the bed pillow's end to avoid the problem. A firm pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think it’s your hair or your pillowcase that’s moving the strap? If it’s the pillowcase, maybe a slippery one would work better. Also, do you feel sure that the headgear strap fits correctly and isn’t too loose?

I use the P-10s with a deformable pillow (down) and a “hose buddy” to lessen pull on the nasal pillow from the weight of the hose. I sleep on my side most of the time without a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably a soft pilllow would be unable to provide resistance to push against the strap.  I guess if was willing to use a down pillow this problem would go away.  The firm pillow will pull on the strap with any movement between my head and the pillow.  The slippery pillowcase thought did occur to me, might be worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use satin pillow case liners sold at bed bath and beyond for about $10. They don’t stick to Velcro and slide past most parts of the mask.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2018, 02:11 PM)Rcgop Wrote: I use satin pillow case liners sold at bed bath and beyond for about $10. They don’t stick to Velcro and slide past most parts of the mask.

You mean a satin liner inside a regular cotton pillowcase?  That sounds promising; no sliding against the face, the pillowcase itself can slide a little as needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2018, 03:09 PM)lifespeed Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 02:11 PM)Rcgop Wrote: I use satin pillow case liners sold at bed bath and beyond for about $10. They don’t stick to Velcro and slide past most parts of the mask.

You mean a satin liner inside a regular cotton pillowcase?  That sounds promising; no sliding against the face, the pillowcase itself can slide a little as needed.

Actually, the pillow liner is on the outside. It zips closed so the pillow does not slide out. I know it is called a liner but I use it outside. It has held up well too.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a buckwheat "cpap pillow" (from Amazon). I can shift the inners to not be firm against the headgear/mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,116 44 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,974 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.