Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
I have noticed recently that my RERA events have been increasing recently.  I do wake up at times when the pressure increases, nothing new.  Anything to be concerned or anything to reduce them would be appreciated.
Thanks
https://i.imgur.com/lk1raBT.png
https://i.imgur.com/7JMEYFm.png
https://i.imgur.com/GN0cown.png
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that flow limitations triggered the RERA events. It's not a lot so you could leave it be. The other option would be to increase you minimum pressure by 1cm and increase your EPR to 3cm. Not sure it's worth it though.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks WallaWalla for your quick response.  I think I will leave it be at this time.  
What number of Rera events would you feel it would be a problem and indeed raise min pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2018, 08:57 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Thanks WallaWalla for your quick response.  I think I will leave it be at this time.  
What number of Rera events would you feel it would be a problem and indeed raise min pressure?

There's not set number. Some use RDI instead of AHI on sleepyhead. RDI being AHI plus RERA's. I would guess you could consider anything under 5 RDI as being acceptable. I myself don't put a lot of trust in the RERA event reports done by CPAP's.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Got it, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am posting 2 days where I am getting a cluster of OA some with some apneas being a long time .  I use a cervical collar every night and feel that I am not slipping through the collar.  It is a caldera releaf size large.  
I don't usually get up very refreshed but it does vary.
Can I ask you veteran  cpap users  if you think I should do anything to try and reduce these clusters.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Given the pattern, I would be surprised if it is not positional. That is a very concentrated cluster of OA at near your maximum pressure of 14.4/12 cm. The apnea occur repeatedly and the pressure never gets a chance to rise. I don't see any harm in increasing the maximum pressure, but I forget if there is a reason we limited it at 14.4...please remind me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2018, 03:58 PM)yankees123 Wrote: I am posting 2 days where I am getting a cluster of OA some with some apneas being a long time .  I use a cervical collar every night and feel that I am not slipping through the collar.  It is a caldera releaf size large.  
I don't usually get up very refreshed but it does vary.
Can I ask you veteran  cpap users  if you think I should do anything to try and reduce these clusters.
Thank you.

That is terrible OSA.  If it is positional, stay off your back - easier said than done.
Otherwise, turn the pressure up.  
OSA requires more pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank for your response SR.  I looked over the past archives from this thread.  We initially didn't want to increase min pressure because at that time I would break therapy with high pressures.  I got used to the increase in min pressure as we slowly increased it over time.  I did at one point suffer from aerophagia which thankfully I haven't had in a while.  Also looking back at the archive responses from this thread this is not the first time I have these clusters showing up.  We did increase min pressure slowly and increased epr to full time 3.
I wear a cervical collar the caldera releaf large  since I had cervical spine surgery about 10 months ago.  I don't think I am able to wear those taller collars as I still am suffering with neck issues.
Having stated all of this do you think I should raise the minimum pressure slowly to say 12.2 and then post again in again in a  few days and see if that helps?
Thanks so much for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your maximum pressure is too low.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 17 464 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 391 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,116 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 970 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,009 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 902 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 676 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.