Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
We tried to tighten up the range of pressures because flow limitations always made the max pressure go higher.  Does this seem correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing wrong with keeping the range tight. Just make sure if you increase the minimum pressure you increase the maximum pressure by the same amount.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2018, 08:54 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Nothing wrong with keeping the range tight. Just make sure if you increase the minimum pressure you increase the maximum pressure by the same amount.

I agree, and you will quickly learn if higher maximum pressure resolves OA clusters.  I think we pretty much decided you could control these clusters with the soft cervical collar and your current settings. Based on what we have seen here, this just looks like a cluster slipped past the defenses.  If you raise maximum pressure with flow limits, you will end up at that maximum pressure most of the time.  Your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks WW and SR for your replies.
I think I will leave things alone and make sure collar is fitting correctly.
Will post some charts after a few days.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been a while since I checked in with my data.  I am sleeping fairly well but I keep getting clusters of obstructions which I also had in the past.  I use a caldora cervical collar and don't think my chin is falling through causing these obstructions.
We have discussed that I suffer from flow limitations and raising the pressure really won't  keep me from hitting the max pressure 95%of the night.
Just wondering if this is the best that I can hope for or is it possible that by lowering the epr which will increase my epap is an option.
Appreciate all of your help and any suggestions you may have.
Post Reply Post Reply
You want to keep your EPR set to 3cm. Any less and the Flow limitations will increase. Looking at your charts the clusters look positional. Make sure your collar is nudging under the jaw line so your chin can't drop down.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Will try and check that out tonight.  
Thanks WW.
Post Reply Post Reply
I posted the last several  days data.  Would my result and my sleep improvement be seen if I purchased  a Resmed Aircurve VAUTO unit?  Would it improve my flow limitations and would it also help with the pressure being high most of the night?  I am not bothered by the pressure just wondering if that is a good idea to help me with my sleep apnea?  Wanted to ask does the vauto also shoe rera events like the autoset?  Is there anything I would give up if I make this change?   Also if this is a good idea would someone from my old charts be able to help me set up the new parameters of the new machine?  My doctor is really no help.  
Thanks for all your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you need a VAUTO. The events and flow limitations that are on the chart look positional. A soft cervical might clear that up and would also be a lot cheaper.

Just for info the VAUTO doesn't report RERA's. Maybe whenever they release a Air Curve 11 VAUTO it'll have it.. It's been 4 years so maybe next year.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply WW.  I use a caldera cervical collar every night and I make sure that my chin does not slip through.  I still get the same clusters,is there anything else I can do to alleviate these clusters of events?
You don’t feel the vauto would improve my flow limitations and rising pressure that results? Just trying to do everything I can to improve my sleep.  
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 17 464 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 391 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,116 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 970 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,009 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 902 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 676 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.