Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
Hi!  

Could it be that your collar does not have the right height? I use an eliminator collar & sometimes it didn't do the job because of bad positioning once in a while. Gregger posted that he added a tightly rolled washcloth held with rubber bands underneath the collar to fill in missing height & it solved my oa problems. Just a suggestion! (maybe...)    

Bag-head    snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks snorybob did you also get the clusters which resulted in obstructions before you tried that technique?
Post Reply Post Reply
yankees123:  

I had a few small clusters, not as big as yours, regular distant oa now & then but after I modified the collar practically no more oas.( last mo. ave. 0.03) 

I like to think that was part of the solution for me. Hope it could be the same for you. Same as the rest, it takes a few nights to get used to the add but who knows that could solve your problem!  

Bag-head   snorybob
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the Gregger post you mentioned give specific details how to modify the collar?
Post Reply Post Reply
yankees123: 

I just read on post #106 that you're using a Caldera collar. The add-on with the washcloth was used on an eliminator collar.( not the same design)  Don't know if it would fit with your collar the way it's made. Sorry! If you look on amazon "dr dakota" check the grey soft collar($16.95) you'll see what I mean.

Bag-head                  
                                                                  snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks snorybob will check it out.  
Can someone else comment whether my sleep would benefit from purchasing a Resmed vauto.  
Thanks very much for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
While waiting for some replies I have a question.  With the Aircurve vauto what is controlling flow limitations.  Is it the Epap min,the Ipap max,or the ps?  Can you please explain exactly how fl are curtailed by using this device over a regular autoset?
Thanks and still waiting to hear if this is a good move for me.
Really appreciate the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPAP Min is the same as your Min on the Autoset
EPAP is what will manage the Obstructive Apneas
PS is added to the EPAP and is used for comfort and managing FL
IPAP Max is the same as your Max on the Autoset

It works basically the same as the Autoset except that PS can go to 10 vs the 3 EPR on the Autoset and max pressure can go to 25 vs 20 for the Autoset.  The higher PS can be better at managing the FL than the autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Bonjour for your explanation.  If I could ask do you feel with the screenshots I sent on post #118 that I would benefit with getting a resmed aircurve vauto?  I am just trying to maximize my sleep and if you people who know more than myself feel it would be an advantage for me I will make the change.  
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying once again if there is anyone who can give me advice,please.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 313 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 373 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,011 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 959 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 983 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 894 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 668 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.