Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
Are you sleeping well right now with the settings you have? Sure you could fork out $1700 for a VAUTO and it probably would reduce the flow limitations further. That is if the source of those flow limitations aren't positional. Than again if you had a VAUTO and increased the Pressure Support to 4cm or 5cm there's always a chance that you might start increasing CA events. In that case you just wasted your money. At some point you have to ask yourself have I resolved my positional issues and is it worth the gamble to try and reduce the flow limitations any further. If you feel your getting good sleep right now than I'd stick with what you have. Only you can make that decision.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much WW. I am finally sleeping a little better and I am going to stick with what I have now.  
Too many people on this forum including myself get way to caught up with the numbers and not like you say how are you feeling instead.  
Appreciate everyone’s feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using my airsense 10 for about 1.5 years now and am not getting consistent nights as far as my sleep is concerned.  In an effort to try and see if I can improve my quality of sleep and to see if I can reduce my flow limitations I am strongly considering purchasing a used Aircurve vauto.  I am hoping that this unit will allow me to get a more restful sleep and not have the high pressures wake me.  I understand from previous advice that my pressure rises due to the high fl, and I hope this type of unit will help.
Can I please get some of your feelings on my thoughts and if you feel I am making a valid decision. If it is a wise choice would someone be able to walk me through the new settings ?
Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just make sure your buying it because your sleep is suffering and not because some chart shows flow limitations. If your not sleeping well than sure give it a shot. But if your sleeping well and your AHI is under control than there's no point to it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks WW for your quick response.  The problem is my ahi is usually good but I don't seem to wake up refreshed on a regular basis and still tire during the day.    My doctor has no idea what to do since they see my ahi is good usually around 2.5. or less.   This is why I thought of making a change.  I have gotten used to apap but thought in reading about bipap that breathing is usually a little easier and thought this might help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bilevel is an effective way to treat flow limitation, hypopnea and RERA events, provided pressure support does not induce central apnea. If tht fits your understanding, you won't regret getting the Vauto. Supplier #2 has been selling them for $750.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR for your comment.  You have been following this thread for sometime,in your opinion is this a good move?  
Thanks always for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course, provided you can afford it, I think you will experience enough additional comfort and efficacy that you too will be a believer. I actually think you should start at my settings, and go from there. As I recall you have flow limitation that sometimes develops into OA clusters, so if positional therapy has not gotten you over the line, bilevel is a way to improve results. Everyone seems to have their individual reeds and response to therapy, but I have not met anyone with primarily obstructive issues that could not benefit from bilevel. It's good, but not a miracle.
Keep your expectations in check
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for your honesty.  I will look around at supplier 2 and let you know when I receive it so we can customize the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my Aircurve 10 vauto.  I have 3 screenshots to share and see what changes I should make.  The first thing I can say about the new machine is it feels a lot easier to breathe.  It just feels more natural and I seem to be a little more refreshed but 3 days it's really hard to tell.  As other people have said I would see an increase in CA.  Is  this something I should address now or with time would it decrease?  I am assuming it's from the pressure support.  It does seem I need to increase the min epap to stop some of the oa's.  Don't really want to increase the max ipap since I sometimes get aerophagia unless the experts feel I should.  
A question I have is I am using the new f30 (have both sizes to try) and I seem to be getting a lot of leaks when I look at the data.  The thing is I check the mask fit feature before sleeping and I am not aware of any leaks when I am sleeping.   Is this something I need to take care of?
Thanks for everyone for taking the time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 17 464 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 391 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,117 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 970 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,009 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 902 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 676 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.