Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
Just for information,I thought raising the pressure support was for flow limitation problems and raising epap was to help with residual obstructions.  Can you please clarify and can you explain why you would recommend to increase my ps?  Just trying to understand in order to try and maximize my sleep.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! typo. 4.4.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! typo. 4.4. I think 9.4 would be a bit too exciting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it's just 2 days since I raised my ps to 4.4 just noticing that the fl are still causing the pressure to rise.  I think I should keep as is for a while?  Still notice the clusters of events even with the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
The flow limits and hypopnea are gone. The OA still looks positional, but manageable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, will keep things status quo for now,
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't feel very rested in the morning.  I have attached some screenshots.  My question is it still seems I still  have cluster events and flow limitation problems. I also see my ahi varies quite a bit.   What can I do in order to get more restful sleep and improve my data.  I am concerned going higher with the pressure as I had aerophagia in the past.  
Thanks for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on the data I posted yesterday.  
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's still a positional issue. Have tried using a different pillow? Something flat and firm like a wheat chaff pillow or maybe shredded foam pillow.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Starting in 2016 we started seeing CPAP users using a loose fitting soft cervical collar (loose fitting because we want comfort and are not stabilizing the neck) to manage Mouth Breathing. Additionally, it was noted to resolve Position Apnea. An Anti-Snoring collar (no back) also works as does a CPAP Pillow, or even a small pillow set under the chin, with the pillows being less effective than the collars. Sometimes the solution is simple, use a smaller pillow to reduce the chin tuck.  

Many people benefit from sleeping at a 30 degree elevation of the upper body or higher, as if in a recliner. Doing so helps prevent the gravitational collapse of the airway. Lateral positions (sleeping on a side), as opposed to supine positions (sleeping on the back), are also recommended as a treatment for sleep apnea, largely because the gravitational component is smaller than in the lateral position. A 30 degree elevation of the upper body can be achieved by sleeping in a recliner, an adjustable bed, or a bed wedge placed under the mattress. This approach can easily be used in combination with other treatments and may be particularly effective in very obese people
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 14 395 9 hours ago
Last Post: RichardW
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 390 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,084 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 969 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,005 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 899 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 675 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.