Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
Again Bonjour thanks for taking the time to respond.  
Will be in touch in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2018, 11:00 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Thanks sleeprider.  I will set 8/11 with epr 2 and post data in a few days.  
Again thanks so much for all your help.

You are currently at 11-15 with EPR 3, that gives you a beginning bilevel pressure of 11/8.  If you want to approach this by decreasing EPR, set pressure to 11-13 EPR at 2, or if you want to try raising minimum pressure, try 11.6-13 EPR 3.

If you were to do 8 to 11 with EPR 3 that would significantly lower your overall pressure and likely increase events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like Sleeprider said, per your charts, Flow Limits are NOT an issue.  Your numbers are great, we are tweaking.  I thought of decreasing your EPR as SR said, and I do NOT disagree with it, but my thought was that your numbers are GREAT, we need to reduce your disruptions, while keeping the rest of your therapy the same since it was obviously good.  

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you SR and Bonjour.  SR I see you posted a response this morning,thanks. I went last night with min 9 and max12 with epr of 2. I slept fairly well removing mask actually only once.  I felt a little starved of air in the beginning.
I did get more RERA's than normally but AHI was good.  I see the 95% pressure was at the max.
Do you feel I should make any changes like you mentioned in thread #12?  I am very grateful for your help along with Bonjour.  It is so appreciative.  

https://i.imgur.com/HXjbwhs.png
Post Reply Post Reply
What I like about this chart is that you did not have to break therapy for high pressure, and your AHI was no worse than with higher pressure. I'm bit surprised that your event rate was this low. What is feeling most tolerable and comfortable to you...that is the objective because your results remain good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I know it's just one day but I did get up fairly better than previous days.  
Knowing this do you feel I should keep last nights setting for a few more days?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
One night does not make a trend, especially when in the final (for now) Tweaks.
Go slow, it will be better so wait and see.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes a lot of sense Bonjour.  I will leave settings as is and post results in a few days.
Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tendency for you to have your sleep disrupted when the machine increased pressure rapidly is what I originally saw. We may or may not need higher pressure eventually, but what we will do is limit how much it can rise, with the idea of keeping you comfortable and getting through the night without excessive breaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you SR for your advice and recommendation.  Will keep everything the same and post again in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 325 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 377 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,042 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 963 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 990 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 897 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 670 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.