Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
Thanks SR, would a 2 minute window before a few events help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread so if I should please let me know.  I have with the help of a new cervical collar have reduced my AHI data still not feeling much energy but I do suffer from chronic neck and shoulder problems.  If you look at the data you see that I am on the high side of my maximum pressure.  I have reduced the max pressure because if I increase it too high I get aerophagia.  When I started apap therapy with the airsense 10 autoset the flow limitations would cause my pressure to rise so I had to cap the max pressure so as  to avoid aerophagia.  I went to the VAUTO to see if PS would take care of this and the fl have reduced.  
My question is I have noticed on my data that snores have increased and wondered if the PS should be raised.  The other question is recently I have been waking up and feeling the pressure increase.  I know it is because I am limiting the max pressure so wondering what to do.  Should I reduce the max pressure even more?
Thanks for your time. The other question is how can I take a screenshot so I get the entire statistics area showing?
Post Reply Post Reply
re your last question, remove the pie chart on the left side by going to file, preferences, appearance and uncheck the relevant box at top right. you can reduce the height of each graph in the right pane by rolling your cursor over the bottom line of a graph until an arrow like thing appears, then click hold and drag the graphs to desired height. you can probably fit at least one more graph into view.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sheepless I forgot about the pie chart, I haven't posted in a while.  I will attach the screenshots again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering if someone can comment on my latest post?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you are talking about aerophagia, drop your min to 9 and let's see what that does.  Maybe follow it up with a PS increase to 5 later but let's see what 9 does for you first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred will do and will report results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred I just went back and noticed that I first started my VAUTO  journey beginning pressure with min epap of 9.0 if you could please look at post #140.
Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
That was 7 months ago and with PS of 4.0 and 9-16.
The drop to 9 min was to help with Aerophagia, not numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks Fred will do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 337 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 936 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 858 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.