Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sensitive teeth tooth ache
sensitive teeth tooth ache
Is anyone else experiencing tooth ache due to their cpap machine sometimes all my teeth ache when I wake up or start to very soon after waking its driving me mad all my teeth aching at once.....[/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sensitive teeth tooth ache
Your profile says you are using nasal pillows. Is this true?

Is this all the teeth in your mouth or just teeth in the same place every time? Like the front ones?

Is your mouth dry in the morning?

Some causes of this would be dry mouth from leaks. The cold(er) air rushing by could cause the teeth to ache.

Another would be teeth grinding. If you use a chin strap, it could be the strap is too tight (for you) and pushing the teeth together causing the pain.

If it is your front teeth, I would suspect the pillows mask is too tight and is pressing the teeth and/or gums. This is similar to the chin strap and can be made worse by chin strap use.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the same problem. I adjusted my humidity (up this time) and teeth no longer hurt. I suspect I was grinding my teeth, but a dry mouth can cause the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has your dentist ever told you that you grind your teeth?
If yes, do you wear a bite guard to protect them?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Another possibility is if you are using the F10 mask listed in "Mask Make & Model", that could be the source of your problem, particularly if you have to greatly tighten the straps, to avoid leaks. If this is the case, a lot of pressure could be on your mouth causing your teeth to ache.

If you can't troubleshoot the issue, I would consult a dentist to see what is going on.

49er
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Alfiepops and welcome to the forum! Hope you find the cause of your teeth problem and resolve it soon!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine get sensitive if I mouth breathe.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you are clinching/grinding your teeth. I have had a problem with clinching in the past. Now that I'm on C-pap it's a lot worse. I think it's because I'm trying to keep my mouth shut so that air doesn't blow out. I started wearing a mouthguard. Maybe this is your problem too.

Sleepyv
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2016, 09:43 PM)alfiepops Wrote: Is anyone else experiencing tooth ache due to their cpap machine sometimes all my teeth ache when I wake up or start to very soon after waking its driving me mad all my teeth aching at once.....[/size][/font]

I tried many masks in the beginning. I had a rough time with sensitive nostrils and masks being pulled off while tossing in my sleep. Apparently one of my European ancestors was cursed by a Romanian gypsy, so I get to enjoy a lifetime of night terrors. Anyway, I found the best mask for me, which was the T-Pap that has a mouth piece. It protects my teeth from grinding and (more importantly) it holds my nostril pillows gently against my nose and doesn't allow them to move around and rub me raw. I also never have my mask come off! ...not even during a night of being endlessly chased through the forests of the Carpathian Mountains by a pack of huge ravenous wolves. ...but i digress

I also use a "hose lift" which keeps your tubing from getting tangled or ripping your mask off your face when you shoot straight up in bed, heart pounding, your mask muffling the screams... it only happens on a full moon, when (in my oddly realistic "dreams") I make it to the forest clearing where there is an abandoned carnival. I run toward this ferris wheel because it's all lit up and rotating. I begin to climb the ferris wheel to safety but am pulled down into the leaping and snarling pack of snapping drooling jaws and disemboweled while staring up at the passengers who are laughing and smiling down at me.

My therapist won't even prescribe me anything. He said that they don't make a pill for that. He seems to think that my dreams mean that I need to find a different therapist immediately.

But hey, hope that helps you find some relief. Sounds like you got it rough.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi alfiepops,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you are able to get your teeth problem straightened out and I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 338 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  [CPAP] Sensitive skin conphil 4 435 09-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: conphil
  Sensitive to flow limitation after 6h of sleep McPhearson99 9 1,176 07-11-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  Front Teeth is hurting in morning. kdpatel 3 682 03-05-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Tooth Extraction - Should I sleep without CPAP until healed? Hydrangea 10 18,144 11-14-2022, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Merrillguice
  Sinus are sensitive to mask pushing against them tsgoodwin23 4 685 11-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Cpap - Teeth Grinding dapal 3 775 10-03-2022, 11:15 AM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.