Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accuracy of Sleepyhead with Oximeter
Accuracy of Sleepyhead with Oximeter
I purchased a CMS 50D+ oximeter and have used it several nights with CPAP. Last night I did not use the oximeter but woke up at 5am, shut my CPAP, put on the oximeter, and went back to sleep for several hours. I wanted to see how bad my O2 levels were without CPAP. I'm a bit confused since I got pretty much the same O2 saturation results, with the exception of the minimum SPO2 rate. Here are the numbers I received, with and without CPAP.

with therapy [attachment=2081]

without therapy [attachment=2082]

here's the log from the CMS 50D+ software [attachment=2083]

and the way Sleepyhead sees the same data [attachment=2084]

things seem to look a lot worse with the CMS log
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Accuracy of Sleepyhead with Oximeter
We would need a lot more information from your CPAP therapy to deduce why your SPO2 levels look similar without therapy - maybe you had a good night? Also, a more accurate comparison would be to collect an entire night's worth of data with and without CPAP (7-8 hours each), and then compare the numbers. You just did a couple of hours without, which was obviously not enough to accurately capture events that could occur over an entire night.

As for the difference between the SPO2 Review and SleepyHead data - they look identical to me, except for the scale of the y-axis and the physical size of the jpeg image. The SPO2 view is more zoomed in, and larger, which is distorting the data and amplifying the noise. For a more comparable view, you should change the y-axis in one program so that they match.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,135 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 191 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 258 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,534 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 202 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 663 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 279 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.