Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed Elite s8 shuts off intermittently
ResMed Elite s8 shuts off intermittently
Last night I knocked my ResMed Elite s8 off the nightstand. It fell about 18 inches and landed with display face-down. During the night it would shut down intermittently. I'd wake up because the machine stopped. I had to turn off the power to re-start the machine, but between 30 minutes to an hour later it would turn off again and I had to repeat the process. Could a setting have been changed when the machine hit the carpet? Never had this problem before now. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Elite s8 shuts off intermittently
(09-15-2013, 07:37 AM)JCaesar Wrote: Last night I knocked my ResMed Elite s8 off the nightstand. It fell about 18 inches and landed with display face-down. During the night it would shut down intermittently. I'd wake up because the machine stopped. I had to turn off the power to re-start the machine, but between 30 minutes to an hour later it would turn off again and I had to repeat the process. Could a setting have been changed when the machine hit the carpet? Never had this problem before now. Thank you.

Do you have a humidifier? Did water get on the main CPAP machine? Do you have smart start on? I don' know what else to suggest and hopefully someone else has some suggestions for you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the humidifierwas attached at the time. I thought about the water issue but I would think if water had gotten inside the machine it wouldn't work at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JCaesar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully water didn't get into the machine.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 94 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour. ekirtz 49 4,017 01-07-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 580 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  shallow breating shuts off my apap? PressuresOn 11 1,121 08-11-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: PressuresOn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.