Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: "service needed"
(10-16-2012 10:26 AM)Barberjohn Wrote:  I unplugged it, FROM THE WALL, and after my second trip to the can (I know, TMI) plugged it back in and...no prollum from thereon out.
glad it worked for you
10-16-2012 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Yay! So glad it was an easy fix!

I had a job in college setting up and maintaining arcade machines. I know, tough job. When we went to a site (bowling alleys, mostly), my job was to go to the machines that had the 'out of order' signs and unplug them. Then, I'd go back and plug them back in. That 'fixed' nearly all of them every time.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-16-2012 02:42 PM
david harris Offline

New Members

Machine: phillips responics
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: res med mirage activa
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
(10-15-2012 06:01 PM)Barberjohn Wrote:  Hello fellow air-heads ! Been usung a CPap for about five years. MY "bipap-pro Bi-flex" by Philips respironics tells me it "needs service". Any thoughts on how best deal with this shituation ? What did we snorers do before these machines ? Anyone else have a failed throat operation to beat the Cpap ? Will my healthcare provider get back to me before I run out of inane questions ? Guess not, oh well.

I have lost weight through diet and exercise. i think exercise helps the most. that should make sense and it improves everything else with you life. I went from over 12 to 6 on my cpap. 6 barely blows. I don't think I need it anymore but my wife says I still snore a little and wants me to keep using it. she needs white noise to sleep and I think the cpap helps with that. also there is an exercise that seemed to help. stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold for several seconds and repeat several times. do it often and it will strengthen the throat and help get rid of the turkey neck from loosing weight. worked for me hope this helps.
09-15-2013 09:29 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advice needed for struggling CPAP user Fubblin 35 1,993 11-18-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Needed [am I doomed?] jennie54 3 314 10-13-2016 04:04 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [CPAP] Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine SuperSleeper 18 65,635 10-10-2016 01:48 PM
Last Post: juan345
Question AHI still 6~10 after 2 wks. Advice needed jm54 14 877 09-15-2016 08:42 AM
Last Post: richb
  Severe Apnea - Advice Needed Dreams of Green 25 1,549 08-31-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: martinsr00
  Help needed explaining what is happening during this OA episode toinewi 1 229 08-10-2016 08:03 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Respironics System One A-Flex, blower won’t start, Beep Beep Alarm, “Service Required rae95131 4 954 07-05-2016 11:42 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958