Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"service needed"
"service needed"
Hello fellow air-heads ! Been usung a CPap for about five years. MY "bipap-pro Bi-flex" by Philips respironics tells me it "needs service". Any thoughts on how best deal with this shituation ? What did we snorers do before these machines ? Anyone else have a failed throat operation to beat the Cpap ? Will my healthcare provider get back to me before I run out of inane questions ? Guess not, oh well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "service needed"
Does it say 'need service' or 'service required'? Service Required usually means it is deceased. Often it means there has been water damage. Not always but usually there is some sort of error code for everything else.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Barberjohn
does the machine still works
unplug the machine from power outlet and wait a while ... plug the machine back
if the error message re-appear, contact your supplier
usually two years warranty on new machines
my understanding 5 years for machine replacement ... check with your insurance provider

maybe some info in the clinical manual ... available via Email (scroll down to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Barberjohn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
BarberJohn
I think uvula removal surgery was and maby still is fairly common. I had mine removed. It didn't do much. Another doctor then said more needed to be removed so I had it done again. Scar tissue can form after the surgery and cause problems. The surgery did not cure my apnea but it may have helped with my symptoms? I am not sure.
Another doctor examined my throat to see if he could find the cause of the apenea and cure it. He thought that the narrow airway behind my tongue was causing it so I had Mandibular Advancement surgery. It was quite a bit more involved than uvula surgery. It did not cure my apnea but I like to think that it also helped reduce my symptoms.

I do not think that surgery usually cures sleep apnea but it may help with the symptoms.

I think that cpap is the first thing to try and if it works stay with it.

I would find a way to get a spare machine for your closet to use when your main machine has problems. Eventually they all do.

GeneS

(10-15-2012, 06:01 PM)Barberjohn Wrote: Hello fellow air-heads ! Been usung a CPap for about five years. MY "bipap-pro Bi-flex" by Philips respironics tells me it "needs service". Any thoughts on how best deal with this shituation ? What did we snorers do before these machines ? Anyone else have a failed throat operation to beat the Cpap ? Will my healthcare provider get back to me before I run out of inane questions ? Guess not, oh well.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2012, 10:56 PM)Barberjohn Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 06:01 PM)Barberjohn Wrote: Hello fellow air-heads ! Been usung a CPap for about five years. MY "bipap-pro Bi-flex" by Philips respironics tells me it "needs service". Any thoughts on how best deal with this shituation ? What did we snorers do before these machines ? Anyone else have a failed throat operation to beat the Cpap ? Will my healthcare provider get back to me before I run out of inane questions ? Guess not, oh well.

(10-15-2012, 10:56 PM)Barberjohn Wrote:
Oh, now I understand (maybe)....You guys are great ! Thanks for the support and info.
Uvula removal did work for me, for about four days, and I don't suggest it. Found out my machine is on warranty so it won't hurt the hip pocket. I'll look into disconnecting the stupidifier and cycleing the power, but, maybe a new machine tomorrow !

I'll stay attentive to my fellow "airheads" and learn more about Apnea and the website too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't get a Respironics with Plus in the name or a Resmed with Escape in the name. Both are dumb machines that only record compliance data, nothing else.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck, Barberjohn, keep us posted.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
Zimlich--It would appear from your last post that your gender is now disclosed. My suspicion is that whenever someone lists undisclosed after Sex, it's usually or perhaps always a woman. But, seriously, I just wanted to say that I owe you big time! For the past five months my 95 percentile Leak rate has been ZERO, thanks to your idea of using silicone earplug material as a mask seal addition. So, thank you once again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Barberjohn here, and a GOOD morning to you all ! Slept like a baby after solving (maybe) my C-pap problem. Around two, when some of you were just tucking in, machine went ballistic with beeps and messages I couldn't read (ever try putting on glasses with a full Top Gun facemask on?). Anywho, I unplugged it, FROM THE WALL, and after my second trip to the can (I know, TMI) plugged it back in and...no prollum from thereon out. Might be solved but then again I'll have to sleep on it.

Regarding gender of members, When given a blank space after "sex" I always try to answer "not often enough". Doesn't seem to be in the drop down option list tho.

Haven't come up with a pithy quote so I'll just paraphrase Kurt Vonnegut and say "So it blows".

Now I'll try to get a GPS for this site so I can get around.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,529 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,072 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.